Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
The Asylum restuaurant in Jerome, AZ.
Joined: Jan 25, 2006
Posted to Thread #876 at 4:09 pm on Feb 20, 2006
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Recipe By Richard D. Pasich Executive Chef - Partner
Servings: 6 Preparation Time :2:00
2 large whole butternut squash -- roasted
1 each white onion -- chopped
2 each poblano peppers or green chili equivalent -- roasted, peeled
6 ounces Oak Creek Amber beer or similar
2 cups vegatable stock
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon garlic -- minced
1 pinch cinnamon
1 serrano chili -- minced fine
1 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste
Cut the squash in half and remove the seeds. Place in shallow roasting pans with water and roast at 400 until very tender, apx. 45 minutes or more. Remove from oven and cool. Roast, peel and de-seed poblano chiles. Preheat skillet until scorching hot. Saute onions and chilies, then de glaze with beer. Add chicken stock, peeled squash, and remaining ingredients except for the cream. Simmer together for 30 minutes then puree. Remove from heat and slowly fold in the heavy cream.
Source: "The Asylum Restaurant. Jerome, Arizona" © 2002 Fools On The Hill Inc.
Yield: 1 1/16 quarts
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 188 Calories; 16g Fat (74.2% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 58mg Cholesterol; 397mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 3 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Serving Ideas : Garnish; Cinnamon Lime Crema and minced Green Onions
NOTES : Portion size; 6 oz.
Other messages in this thread:
- 876. The Asylum restuaurant in Jerome, AZ. - TracyBAz - 4:09pm on 02/20/06 (5)
- My husband and I spent the weekend in Jerome and ate - TracyBAz - 4:13pm on 02/20/06
- Jerome, what a wonderful place... - Richard in Cincy - 3:19pm on 02/21/06
- Jerome is such a wonderful, historic town. Bet you had fun! [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 4:35pm on 02/20/06
- Yes we did it was nice and relaxing even though we did alot of - TracyBAz - 5:06pm on 02/20/06
- Thanks for the tip! [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 5:25pm on 02/20/06