Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Julie R - WA||
Rec from where I worked: Chocolate Crinkles
Joined: Nov 15, 2006
Posted to Thread #8226 at 3:54 pm on Oct 9, 2007
Although these aren't exactly the recipe we used at Cookies By Design, they taste exactly the same: absolutely wonderful! :) And so easy to make, too! My husband made these last year for his annual cookie tin gifts, and they were very popular. Makes about 72 cookies. These are different from most of the recipes you�ll find for chocolate crinkles in that they use cocoa powder rather than baking chocolate or liquid forms of chocolate.
time to make 32 min 20 min prep
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, sugar, and vegetable oil. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
2. In another bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir flour mixture into the cocoa mixture.
3. Cover dough bowl with plastic wrap, put in refrigerator, and chill for at least 4 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
5. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
6. Roll the dough into one inch balls (a number 50 size scoop works well). Coat each ball in powdered sugar before placing onto parchment-lined cookie sheets.
7. Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Let the cooked cookies stand on the cookie sheet for at least 1 minute before transferring to wire racks to cool.
Life is grand!
Other messages in this thread:
- 8226. I've been on a cookie binge lately. What are your favorite cookies? Mine are: - Meryl - 5:22am on 10/09/07 (37)
- TRIPLE-CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY OATMEAL COOKIES - Sylvia - 10:40am on 10/09/07
- Chocolate Espresso Chews, Cucidati, P'nut Butter Cup Cookies and Half Moons. [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 12:05pm on 10/09/07
- Rec from where I worked: Chocolate Crinkles - Julie R - WA - 3:54pm on 10/09/07
- Rec: White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies - Julie R - WA - 3:55pm on 10/09/07
- Cranberry Hootycreeks [NT] [LINK] - Mimi - 3:58pm on 10/09/07
- Okay. With a name like "Hootycreeks" how could I resist! I made a double batch - Barbara in VA - 1:33am on 10/10/07
- The REAL Neiman-Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie [NT] [LINK] - Mimi - 3:59pm on 10/09/07
- I made these today and put the chocolate/raspberry chips in -- DELISH! [NT] - cheezz - 3:14am on 10/14/07
- Pumpkin Cookies [NT] [LINK] - Mimi - 4:01pm on 10/09/07
- Sugar Cookies [NT] [LINK] - Mimi - 4:02pm on 10/09/07
- Yummy cookies! Thanks Mimi and AngAK! - GayleMO - 7:47pm on 10/09/07
- So glad you like them Gayle! - Mimi - 12:19am on 10/10/07
- Judy's Nut Ball Cookies (aka Mexican Wedding, Russian teacake, what have you) [NT] [LINK] - Mimi - 4:03pm on 10/09/07
- Hands-down winner in our home: REC: Malted Chocolate Chip Cookies - deb-in-MI - 4:21pm on 10/09/07
- GINGER SNAPS GINGER SNAPS GINGER SNAPS :) yummmmm [NT] - dianncy64 - 7:47pm on 10/09/07
- This is one of our favorites: REC: Crystallized Ginger Logs - Barbara in VA - 11:10pm on 10/09/07
- Whatever Meryl posts to torture me. [NT] - Scott in Scottsdale - 7:06am on 10/10/07
- Agreed... [NT] - Amanda_Illinois - 2:29pm on 10/10/07
- Me too! I think we should convene and wear t-shirts and get tattoos.... - MarilynFL - 7:04pm on 10/10/07
- Okay, okay guys - c'mon, do you really want me to just post broccoli recipes? :) - Meryl - 7:42pm on 10/10/07
- Speaking of deep dark decadent luscious chocolate desserts...Marilyn, where is the final - Dawn_MO - 8:43pm on 10/10/07
- Nah, no broccoli - you can just be our "good friend with CHOCOLATE" :) [NT] - Sandi in Hawaii - 8:04am on 10/11/07
- :) [NT] - Meryl - 5:34pm on 10/11/07
- No, no, the chocolate's good. Everyone should have a niche. ;) [NT] - Amanda_Illinois - 7:47pm on 10/11/07
- That's hysterical... [NT] - Amanda_Illinois - 7:47pm on 10/11/07
- White Chocolate Cherry Almond--posted by Meryl excellent!! - MoNJ - 4:41pm on 10/10/07
- Glad you liked them, Mo! [NT] - Meryl - 10:01pm on 10/10/07
- Toll House Choc chip (with Ghirardelli chips :), Lacy Chocolate Oatmeal Sandwiches, Ginger cookies. [NT] - Sandi in Hawaii - 8:07am on 10/11/07
- I second the Lacy Choc Oatmeal. And big Sugar Softies. and Oatmeal with cinnamon chips [NT] - AngAk - 6:59pm on 10/11/07
- Sandi, do you have Safeway? Ghirardelli is on sale this week. [NT] - AngAk - 7:00pm on 10/11/07
- Thanks Ang - I think I'm good for now (my stash is currently at 10 bags:) - Sandi in Hawaii - 12:12am on 10/14/07
- cookies were a big hit. I have to give out the recipe. sometimes I want to keep a recipe for - AngAk - 6:58pm on 10/15/07
- REC: Coco Krispy Cookies... hubby's favorite - cheezz - 3:20am on 10/14/07
- I would love to know the collective weight gain that this post is going to cause. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:38am on 10/16/07
- Marilyn, I've gained 10 lbs just reading this thread. [NT] - Sylvia - 10:47am on 10/17/07