Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Scott in Scottsdale||
REC: Kitty Litter Cake (just in time for Halloween.....and be warned: not for the faint of heart) >>
Joined: Aug 20, 2007
Posted to Thread #8234 at 6:32 pm on Oct 9, 2007
This is for all you cooks out there looking for something a little different.........
WANT TO HAVE FUN AT A PARTY? PREPARE THIS RECIPE!
BUT YOUR FRIENDS MAY NOT THINK SO!
1 box spice or German chocolate cake mix
1 box of white cake mix
1 package white sandwich cookies
1 large package vanilla instant pudding mix
A few drops green food coloring
12 small Tootsie Rolls or equivalent
SERVING "DISHES AND UTENSILS"
1 NEW cat-litter box
1 NEW cat-litter box liner
1 NEW pooper scooper
1) Prepare and bake cake mixes, according to directions, in any size pan. Prepare pudding and chill. Crumble cookies in small batches in blender or food processor. Add a few drops of green food coloring to 1 cup of cookie crumbs. Mix with a fork or shake in a jar. Set aside.
2) When cakes are at room temperature, crumble them into a large bowl. Toss with half of the remaining cookie crumbs and enough pudding to make the mixture moist but not soggy. Place liner in litter box and pour in mixture.
3) Unwrap 3 Tootsie Rolls and heat in a microwave until soft and pliable. Shape
the blunt ends into slightly curved points. Repeat with three more rolls. Bury the rolls decoratively in the cake mixture. Sprinkle remaining white cookie crumbs over the mixture, then scatter green crumbs lightly over top.
4) Heat 5 more Tootsie Rolls until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake and sprinkle with crumbs from the litter box. Heat the remaining Tootsie Roll until pliable and hang it over the edge of the box. Place box on a sheet of newspaper and serve with scooper. Enjoy!
"I went on a diet, swore off drinking and heavy eating, and in 14 days I lost two weeks."
Other messages in this thread:
- 8234. REC: Kitty Litter Cake (just in time for Halloween.....and be warned: not for the faint of heart) >> [IMAGE] - Scott in Scottsdale - 6:32pm on 10/09/07 (4)
- I have GOT to make this some time--hey, maybe I should make it for the teachers in our school. . . - mistral - 10:34pm on 10/09/07
- I made this for my a kids party many moons ago - desertjean - 10:46pm on 10/09/07
- Ah! The tootsie-roll poop is what TRULY make a classic Kitty Litter Cake. Brilliant! [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 1:40am on 10/10/07
- I have cats, and this cake makes me gag. Perfect! [NT] - Dawn_MO - 4:10am on 10/10/07