Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
And, there's always my mom's Chicken Dorito Casserole, a non-gourmet crowd pleaser:
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #8324 at 12:23 am on Oct 17, 2007
CHICKEN DORITO CASSEROLE
10 chicken breast halves, with bones and skin
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
2 8-oz. cans tomato sauce
1 large can sliced mushrooms, juice and all
1 7-oz. can diced green chiles
1/3 cup white wine
1 bag tortilla chips (plain, salted)
1 1/2 lbs. jack cheese,sliced or grated
1. Poach the chicken gently in water or broth just until cooked through. Let it cool, then skin, bone and shred the meat.
2. For the sauce, combine the two soups, tomato sauce, mushrooms, chiles and wine. Heat together until blended.
3. Make 2 or 3 layers in a casserole in this order: Doritos, chicken, sauce, cheese. Top with remaining Doritos, propped up decoratively.
4. Bake uncovered at 350* F. for 45 minutes.
Recipe can be doubled, tripled, quadrupled etc. Unbaked casserole can be frozen.
Other messages in this thread:
- 8324. This isn't until January, but I am chair of the Spelling Bee which will - Dawn_MO - 11:56pm on 10/16/07 (12)
- Most kids like lasagna, I think. It can be made ahead and frozen, and kept warm for a while - Joe - 12:22am on 10/17/07
- And, there's always my mom's Chicken Dorito Casserole, a non-gourmet crowd pleaser: - Joe - 12:23am on 10/17/07
- this reminds me a bit of the buffalo chicken dip. teens would love that too. - AngAk - 12:30am on 10/17/07
- I've been on a bit of a stuffed shell kick lately, but I love them for serving groups - AngAk - 12:35am on 10/17/07
- my birthday's in Jan too. Can I come? I'll help. - AngAk - 12:27am on 10/17/07
- Dawn, are you going to make birthday cakes for both girls or do individual desserts or both? [NT] - Meryl - 12:31am on 10/17/07
- are teens there into sushi at all? Maybe some trays of california rolls or something - AngAk - 12:45am on 10/17/07
- Some tips and ideas you might want to look at: [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 12:50am on 10/17/07
- You could do "decorate your own cupcakes" and "make your own ice cream sundaes" - cheezz - 11:03pm on 10/17/07
- OH! Dawn, how about your own chicken enchiladas, which they're discussing below? [NT] - Joe - 12:57am on 10/18/07
- How about a taco bar? Or a chili bar? - MiainMD - 2:04am on 10/18/07
- Thanks everyone. - Dawn_MO - 5:04am on 10/18/07