Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Orchid...those Greek Lemon Potatoes are to DIE For!
Joined: Jan 11, 2007
Posted to Thread #8371 at 10:27 pm on Oct 21, 2007
I must confess...I'm not a big potato fan, but Greek potatoes are my favorite. I tried your recipe and all I can say is...
These would be perfect for hosting a big brunch too. I kept thinking...they'd be amazing along an eggs benedict.
Yum! Thank you. This one's going into my permanent file.
Here's the recipe:
From Martha Stewart Living
Greek Lemon Roasted PotatoesOregano is Greek for "joy of the mountain" Greek oregano has a milder flavor than the Mexican variety usually found in the spice aisle of your supermarket. Look for Greek oregano at Italian or Greek markets.
4 large russet baking potatoes, (8 medium), peeled and quartered
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, (3 lemons)
1 tablespoon dried oregano, preferably Greek oregano, plus more for garnish
1 tablespoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Heat oven to 500 degrees. Place potatoes in a metal roasting pan large enough to fit potatoes in a single layer. Add 1 cup water, olive oil, lemon juice, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Toss potatoes until well coated.
Bake, uncovered, until fork-tender and brown on the edges, about 50 minutes. Turn potatoes halfway through for even browning; add water if all the liquid has been absorbed, before they have fully browned. If desired, garnish with oregano; serve.
Traca's notes: I made a couple little tweeks...I used yellow potatoes instead of the russets (I like the texture better), and it turns out, I didn't have any oregano, so I used thyme instead.
You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do
something about its depth. - M
Other messages in this thread:
- 8371. Orchid...those Greek Lemon Potatoes are to DIE For! [IMAGE] - Traca - 10:27pm on 10/21/07 (4)
- Oh good Traca, I'm glad you liked it. So simple yet so good! [NT] - orchid - 11:59am on 10/22/07
- they look really good. do they really brown with the water being added? [NT] - Randi - 4:45pm on 10/22/07
- Yes! It's really amazing. The first time I made them I just shook my head - orchid - 5:23pm on 10/22/07
- thanks, I love lemon with potatoes :-) fyi - I used a very good greek yogurt on baked potatoes - Randi - 7:37pm on 10/22/07