Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Made this last night...Rec: June's Apple Crisp from Russo & Lukins (Silver Palate)
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #8450 at 11:42 am on Oct 29, 2007
I have made this numerous times....Very easy, little clean up and always enjoyed by all!
June's Apple Crisp (Silver Palate Good Times cookbook)
5-6 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored & thinly sliced (I used a combination of different types)
1.5 Tbspn fresh lemon juice
1 c flour
1 c sugar
1.5 tsp ground cinnamon (I used more)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c (1 stick) unsalted butter, cold, cut into pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8 in cake pan. (I use a ceramic dish or glass pie plate)
2. Place a layer of apple slices in the pan and sprinkle with lemon juice. Repeat layers until all apples are in the pan. Lightly press on the apples to even them. (I just mix it all in a big bowl and add to the pan.)
3. Process the flour, sugar, cinnamon, & salt in a food processor fitted with a steel blade just to combine. Add the butter and process, using repeated pulses, until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
4. Press the crumb mixture evenly over the apples, making sure the edges are well sealed.
5. Bake until the top is golden and the apples are tender, about 1 hour. Serve warm with ice cream
Other messages in this thread:
- 8450. Made this last night...Rec: June's Apple Crisp from Russo & Lukins (Silver Palate) - barb_b - 11:42am on 10/29/07 (0)