Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Gretchen and Orchid, mine came out the same way when I tried it, last year...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #908 at 9:26 pm on Feb 23, 2006
I just figured maybe the onions were too watery, and I really don't understand why they would caramelize anyway, from a technical point of view.
Crockpots are covered, and it seems to me they <i>would</i> just steam, and not brown. To brown, they would need air, right? Like in an open saucepan?
Anyone know the science of this? Where is Harimad when you need her! ;o)
How did the fool *get* his money?!
Other messages in this thread:
- 908. ISO Durwood/Gretchen...I have a crockpot full of onions... [NT] [LINK] - orchid - 10:02pm on 02/22/06 (9)
- Oops...continuing....following your method of caramelizing the onions... - orchid - 10:10pm on 02/22/06
- I don't know what could be the problem. Are you saying - Durward - 2:25pm on 02/23/06
- Sous Chef Hubby just measured and it is 4 qts. I've had it forever... - orchid - 8:22pm on 02/23/06
- Gretchen and Orchid, mine came out the same way when I tried it, last year... - DawnNYS - 9:26pm on 02/23/06
- I agree with you Dawn. I knew all that liquid couldn't go away with... - orchid - 8:42pm on 02/24/06
- I did this twice with slightly differing results - teapotter - 3:41am on 02/24/06
- Thanks, at least I know it's not just me. :-) [NT] - orchid - 8:45pm on 02/24/06