Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
Totally over the top: REC: Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #8670 at 5:28 pm on Nov 15, 2007
1 lb. each of white cheddar, provolone, fontina, yellow cheddar, all shredded (keep yellow ched separate as it is added later)
1/2 lb. pecorino romano, shredded
1 cup parmigiano regiano, grated
2 onion, chopped
1/4 pound butter
2 qrts. cream
1 qrt. milk
1 tabl. salt
1 tabl. white pepper
1/2 tsp. cayeene pepper
2 tabl. dry mustard
1/2 lb. roux (1/4. lb. butter, 1/2 lb. flour)
2 pounds cooked pasta of choice
Carmelize the onion with the 1/4 pound of butter.
Add milk, cream, and seasonings and bring to a simmer.
Make roux and stir into the simmering cream. Cook on low heat for 20 minutes. Chill in fridge for 1 hour.
Add all of the cheeses EXCEPT the yellow cheddar and the parmigiano to the sauce. Combine.
Stir in cooked pasta and combine.
Butter a 9X12 baking pan liberally with butter. Sprinkle with Italian seasoned bread crumbs to coat butter. Fill pan with pasta. Any leftover pasta can be baked in individual serving casseroles.
Cover the top with the yellow cheddar.
Bake at 400F for 13-15 minues until the center temperature is 165F and top is browning nicely.
Sprinkle the parmigiano on top and bake for another 3-4 minutes until the parmigiano melts and crust.
Other messages in this thread:
- 8670. Totally over the top: REC: Baked Macaroni and Cheese - Richard in Cincy - 5:28pm on 11/15/07 (11)
- This would be good chilled, cut into squares, breaded and deep-fried ;>) [NT] - Joe - 6:09pm on 11/15/07
- That's the day-2 leftover plan Joe! LOL [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 6:41pm on 11/15/07
- They forgot the heart stent. [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:12pm on 11/15/07
- Marilyn--you are so funny--loved this! [NT] - AnnVA - 8:26pm on 11/15/07
- I definitely making this over the weekend! [NT] - Music City Missy - 7:22pm on 11/15/07
- It's been great knowing you Missy. I'll miss you. [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:38pm on 11/15/07
- I could hear my arteries slamming shut as I read the recipe. Oh my! [NT] - Sylvia - 7:59pm on 11/15/07
- Serving size should be... - judy-mass - 8:04pm on 11/15/07
- OMG, I could probably eat the whole thing. It is best that I don't print it out! [NT] - KarenNoCA - 2:00am on 11/16/07
- My husband would be all over this dish. I think you should rename it "Heart Attack on a Plate." [NT] - Amanda_Illinois - 10:02pm on 11/15/07
- did a similar recipe with a sharp horseradish cheddar...very tasty. [NT] - wildwoods - 2:26am on 11/18/07