Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Speaking of Fiori di Sicilia, I tweaked Regina Schrambling's Almond-Cranberry Cookies SEE INSIDE:
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #9083 at 1:26 pm on Dec 17, 2007
I made another triple batch of the almond cranberry variety this morning then decided to make another triple batch of dough but this time, time to tweak it with Fiori di Sicilia. Here is what I did to make a totally TO DIE FOR cookie:
Instead of using almonds I used toasted walnuts,
I used 1/2 tsp of Fiori di Sicilia per batch (1 1/2 tsp), then added the zest of a huge orange. I divided the dough in half and added a bag of chocolate chunks to it.
These cookies are awesome!! If you don't have Fiori di Sicila, you might want to get some. KA ships quickly - it might arrive in time to bake a last minute batch this weekend. ;)
Here's the original recipe:
Makes about 3 dozen cookies
1 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup blanched almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1. Stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.
2. Cream the butter and brown sugar together with a wooden spoon until smooth. Blend in the egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients until well mixed. Stir in the nuts and cranberries.
3. Drop the dough by tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets, leaving about 2 inches between each. Bake the cookies in a 375-degree oven until light golden brown (centers should be soft), about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 2 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
November 20, 2006 in LA Times - Desserts
Link: Buy Fiori di Sicilia Here
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Other messages in this thread:
- 9083. Mimi, have you ever made your Whipped Shortbread Cookies with.... [LINK] - GayleMO - 9:36am on 12/17/07 (10)
- Speaking of Fiori di Sicilia, I tweaked Regina Schrambling's Almond-Cranberry Cookies SEE INSIDE: [LINK] - GayleMO - 1:26pm on 12/17/07
- If you don't know of Fiori di Sicilia... - GayleMO - 1:46pm on 12/17/07
- Oh wow, that sounds yummmers indeed. :o) [NT] - Mimi - 10:12pm on 12/17/07
- How much did you add to the Shortbread recipe Gayle? I bought some Fiori di Sicilia and.. - CactusSue - 8:40am on 12/18/07
- Is King Arthur Flour the only source? [NT] - cheezz - 5:56pm on 12/18/07
- Cheezz, I did a search the other day and there is another source in the US now... - GayleMO - 11:01pm on 12/18/07
- found one in Colorado (website below) at $8 for 4 oz. - there was another site too expensive. - cheezz - 8:53pm on 12/19/07
- I did a double batch and added about 1/2 tsp to it. Could use a little more - GayleMO - 11:00pm on 12/18/07
- The abover post is in response to you, CactusSue.... - GayleMO - 11:04pm on 12/18/07
- Thanks so much Gayle! [NT] - CactusSue - 8:26am on 12/19/07