Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Killer Carrot Cake - mine is much the same -- less sugar -- and never falls!
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #9295 at 12:21 am on Jan 8, 2008
Killer Carrot Cake
(this one is worth breaking ANY diet for!)
2 cups sugar
1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
2 cups grated carrots
1 cup chunky-chopped walnuts
1 cup coconut
13-1/2 oz can crushed pineapple with itís juice
Grease and flour an oblong pan (about 11-1/2 x 15). Heat oven to 300 degrees.
Mix everything together as usual and pour into the prepared pan. Bake 1 hour.
1 cup butter or margarine
1 cups walnuts, chopped
1 cup coconut
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
Put first 4 ingredients in saucepan and heat on low until butter melts. Beat egg with the milk and add to saucepan. Bring to boil. Stir and cook 2 minutes more after it comes to a boil - be careful as it burns very quickly. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Pour over the cake while still warm.
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 9295. Made The Silver Palate Carrot Cake yesterday. Very tasty, but I did - GailNJ - 11:09pm on 01/06/08 (6)
- It's definitely not the canola oil - any neutral oil can be used. [NT] - Meryl - 11:16pm on 01/06/08
- Thanks Meryl. Maybe I beat it for too long or something? [NT] - GailNJ - 11:31pm on 01/06/08
- I love that recipe. I've had the same problem and just baked the layers longer - Joe - 11:41pm on 01/06/08
- This helped me, also, Joe. I made a bunch of them - GayleMO - 2:05am on 01/07/08
- Yep - same thing happens when I bake it. Doesn't stop me tho - I love this recipe:) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 11:46am on 01/07/08
- REC: Killer Carrot Cake - mine is much the same -- less sugar -- and never falls! - cheezz - 12:21am on 01/08/08