Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Now that we're reeled you in, try this recipe: Buckwheat Crepes with Roasted Root Veggies
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #9336 at 7:54 pm on Jan 9, 2008
That's not the recipe name, but that's what they are.
I've added the original link from the New York Times...nice story with the crepe recipe and veggie recipe over on the left.
I keep my buckwheat groats in the freezer and grind them fresh in the coffee grinder. It has converted me to buckwheat...such an sweet and clean smell....almost like peanut or almond butter.
The only thing I'd do different with this recipe is to double the veggie amount because while the sauce is delightful, it's almost too rich. Yet it's a great blend of flavors and textures, so you may want to make the recipe <i>as written</i> first.
And while it may appear rustic, it turned out so classy tasting that I'd have no qualms serving this to friends as either a small first course or as the main course for a meatless meal.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 9336. Charlie, I found parsnips and made the Cider-Glazed Roasted Root Vegetables last night...they were [LINK] - Curious1 - 7:27pm on 01/09/08 (7)
- Now that we're reeled you in, try this recipe: Buckwheat Crepes with Roasted Root Veggies [LINK] - MarilynFL - 7:54pm on 01/09/08
- [oh, for the love of gerunds, ignore my typos and go for the recipe. [NT] - MarilynFL - 8:37pm on 01/09/08
- This does look good, I've never made buckwheat anything. [NT] - Curious1 - 3:47pm on 01/10/08
- C, I've never liked buckwheat pancakes. But I've found out why! - MarilynFL - 6:12pm on 01/10/08
- Here's a version with both recipes on the same page. [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 6:18pm on 01/10/08
- Thank you for that, I love buckwheat crepes and haven't made them in ages. - Mimi - 3:58pm on 01/10/08
- Glad you liked it as well as we did--doesn't M's recipe look terrific? [NT] - charlie - 9:06pm on 01/09/08