Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Sandi in Hawaii||
Dawn, have you ever tried Marilyn's Vanilla Torte Icing?
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #9578 at 9:10 pm on Jan 26, 2008
I've used her icing on Red Velvet cupcakes, and really loved it. It's a very light, not-sugary icing and it holds up very well. (I've used butter instead of Crisco.)
You have to try it to believe it - the ingredients and the method sound quite odd, but trust me, it's really good :)
The recipe is in the link and I'll post the link for her tutorial pictures too!
Other messages in this thread:
- 9578. ISO Does anyone have a recipe for sweetend, stabilized whipped cream? - DawnNYS - 8:44pm on 01/26/08 (11)
- This is the one I use... - JudyW - 9:07pm on 01/26/08
- Dawn, I use 1 Tsp. Knox Gelatine to 1 pint of whipping cream. Sprinkle - Misplaced in AZ - 9:08pm on 01/26/08
- Dawn, have you ever tried Marilyn's Vanilla Torte Icing? [LINK] - Sandi in Hawaii - 9:10pm on 01/26/08
- Marilyn's Vanilla Torte Icing photos [NT] [LINK] - Sandi in Hawaii - 9:11pm on 01/26/08
- Marilyn, I have that exact carnival glass cake plate! - GayleMO - 10:46pm on 01/26/08
- No Gayle. I just thought it was pretty and asked my mom if I could have it. Have no clue - MarilynFL - 3:54pm on 01/29/08
- Here's a similar version of Vanilla Icing. - Elenor - 10:42pm on 01/26/08
- Never Weep Whipping Cream - Elenor - 11:23pm on 01/26/08
- Hmm, pudding. I'll try this one if the gelatin one doesn't work out. Thanx [NT] - DawnNYS - 8:40pm on 01/30/08
- whipped cream icing - arriba - 1:33am on 01/27/08
- Thank you everyone... Mar's sounds interesting, I'll just have to try 'em all on - DawnNYS - 8:42pm on 01/30/08