Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Heart-shaped Chocolate Ambivalence Cookies by Marcy Goldman - perfect for Valentines
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #9633 at 8:18 pm on Jan 31, 2008
The picture of these sandwich cookies in the book was too gorgeous to pass up - chocolate heart shaped cookies with white chocolate in the middle, then half the cookie dipped in chocolate (I dipped mine in dark chocolate:). The presentation is just beautiful. I'm wrapping these up individually and giving them to friends on Valentines Day. I indulged myself and ate one...they were awesome (and addictive!).
Chocolate Ambivalence Cookies by Marcy Goldman
These are gorgeous and look terrific wrapped individually
1 ½ cups unsalted butter, softened
1 ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
1 T white sugar
½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
¼ tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. baking soda
Pinch ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. salt
8 oz. premium-quality white chocolate, melted
Melted Dipping Chocolate:
4 oz. semisweet chocolate, melted
4 oz. milk chocolate, melted
In a mixer bowl, cream butter with both sugars. Add vanilla; then fold in flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt and blend well to make a soft dough. Pack onto parchment paper; wrap and chill about 30 to 45 minutes (or up to a few days).
Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Roll out chilled dough on a well-floured work surface to ¼ inch thickness. Cut into heart shapes of about 3 to 3 ½ inches. Arrange cookies on prepared baking sheet.
Bake until done, around 15 to 17 minutes, and let cool completely.
To assemble, smear melted white chocolate on one cookie and top with another cookie (undersides together). Repeat with all cookies – let set.
Dip half of each sandwich cookie in melted semisweet chocolate or smear tops with melted milk chocolate, using a small metal spatula. Or drizzle both types of melted chocolate on top or simply dust with confectioners’ sugar. Let chocolate set up and wrap each sandwich cookie separately
Source: A Passion for Baking, by Marcy Goldman
Other messages in this thread:
- 9633. REC: Heart-shaped Chocolate Ambivalence Cookies by Marcy Goldman - perfect for Valentines - deb-in-MI - 8:18pm on 01/31/08 (7)
- Dangggg! Where's that foil hat. :o) [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 9:27pm on 01/31/08
- I've got it and I'm not giving it up... in fact, I may have to reinforce it as Valentine's Day nears [NT] - cheezz - 11:27pm on 01/31/08
- LOL. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 11:35pm on 01/31/08
- Quick, gimme that helmet, temptation nears and I am melting! [NT] - Barbara in VA - 1:22pm on 02/01/08
- Ooooh.... How many does one recipe make? NT [NT] - Anna_X - 5:56am on 02/06/08
- Just found yet another jar of peanut butter! Maybe heart-shaped PB cookies next. [NT] - Marg CDN - 5:18pm on 02/06/08
- You can never, ever have too much Peanut Butter (that's capital P, capital B). [NT] - Scott in Scottsdale - 4:33am on 02/07/08