Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I have a question regarding chipotle in adobo. I live in a region with a scarce supply
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #9677 at 9:58 pm on Feb 4, 2008
of Mexican-type foods so I don't know if this exists.
I love the adobo sauce that chipotles are packed in. I realize that it's the smoke that contributes to the flavour that I love. I buy cans of chi in adobo and usually throw out all but 2 of the chilis. But I cn never get enough of the sauce and have started putting it in lots of different foods, especially winter soups...like the albondiga that I made with the pork stewing water from Michael's recipe.
But can I buy just the sauce? Does the sauce get its smokey flavour only from the chilis that it surrounds or ...what?
The chilis are too hot for me. I could take 1/4 tsp. in a bowl of soup and that's it for me.
Maybe I just need to get back to Phoenix again.
Other messages in this thread:
- 9677. I have a question regarding chipotle in adobo. I live in a region with a scarce supply - Marg CDN - 9:58pm on 02/04/08 (23)
- Marg, I went looking for recipes to make the chiles in adobo once and found this>> [LINK] - Curious1 - 10:15pm on 02/04/08
- Since you refer to the peppers as Chipotle, are they actually jalepenos that have been smoked? [NT] - KarenNoCA - 12:42am on 02/05/08
- Here is a recipe link for making Adobo Sauce [LINK] - KarenNoCA - 12:45am on 02/05/08
- I freeze individual chiles on a baking sheet and store airtight...then I can add just one to recipes [NT] - Glennis_NoCA - 4:22am on 02/10/08
- So many great adobo recipes [LINK] - simple chef - 10:17pm on 02/11/08
- Yes, as I understand it. You can smoke them yourself, I think there are recipes on the internet. [NT] - Curious1 - 2:23am on 02/05/08
- What a swell idea! I can get the dried chipotles around the corner and this recipe - Marg CDN - 5:02pm on 02/05/08
- Link is to Mexican grocery stores in Toronto. I've seen powdered adobo (Goya brand) at [LINK] - Shaun in TO - 11:01pm on 02/04/08
- One of these days I'm going to get down to Kensington. But there's one on your - Marg CDN - 5:04pm on 02/05/08
- Chipotle en adobo - throw a can in the food processor and puree, then into ice cube trays, so forth [NT] - Sue-SoCa - 2:24am on 02/05/08
- Chipotle [NT] - Sue-SoCa - 2:25am on 02/05/08
- I can't take the heat of the chilis. So I wanted the adobo alone but with the smoke of the chipotle [NT] - Marg CDN - 5:05pm on 02/05/08
- Some bbq places cook their beans in the smoker. I don't know why you couldn't - Melissa Dallas - 5:18pm on 02/05/08
- Okay, how about this... - Dawn_MO - 8:33pm on 02/05/08
- I sure understand that frustration. I fail to record about once a week. I must really be a wimp - Marg CDN - 9:02pm on 02/05/08
- I hear ya about the bad bout. Not hospitalized(but should have). we had a foreign ex student - AngAk - 9:37pm on 02/05/08
- Another thought... - Dawn_MO - 10:28pm on 02/05/08
- Thanks Dawn. I love smoke. [NT] - Marg CDN - 10:32pm on 02/05/08
- Hi Marg - Wal Mart here, carries them in their ethnic food section - have you tried there? nt [NT] - michelle - 1:25pm on 02/06/08
- I don't know about Marg, but my WalMart here in Quebec has - Mimi - 1:14pm on 02/07/08
- this is so interesting. I thought mex food items were plentiful all over. Tamale wrappers: - AngAk - 7:14pm on 02/07/08
- just TRY and buy any Mexican food in Des Arc, Arkansas.... [NT] - cheezz - 9:36pm on 02/07/08
- Westerners travel to Arizona & Mexico, Easterners travel to Florida & Caribbean. - Marg CDN - 1:29pm on 02/07/08