Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Asparagus with Parmasan
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #1020 at 9:18 pm on Mar 3, 2006
Mix together to make a marinade:
2 Tbs. olive oil
1 Tbs. dry white wine
1 Tbs. vinegar
3 garic cloves, crushed in a garlic press
1/4 tsp. ground herbs de Provence
Salt and pepper
Pour marinade over:
1-1/4 lbs. asparagus and let marinate 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400*F.
Sprinkle on a plate:
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Roll the asparagus in the cheese and arrange in a single layer on an ovenproof platter. Pour any remaining marinade over the asparagus and bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, until lightly browned and sizzling hot. Garnish with:
Sprigs of Italian parsley
From "Classic Home Cooking" by Mary Berry and Marlene Speiler.
Other messages in this thread:
- 1020. spring asparagus (and a couple quasi-rec's) - rvb - 11:44pm on 03/02/06 (10)
- When the stuff is in season you don't have to get a second mortgage... - Michael in Phoenix - 4:26am on 03/03/06
- Does anyone grow asparagus? I've wanted to try in my garden but unsure that my climate (Cape Cod) - DianeM - 9:49am on 03/03/06
- I grew asparagus for years on Cape Cod. In fact, Cape Cod was once a prime location for asparagus - aajay - 2:21pm on 03/03/06
- We have an asparagus bed in our garden. My husband started it (more) - AGM_Cape_Cod - 2:56pm on 03/03/06
- AGM: my e-mail message failed, will send you private message [NT] - DianeM - 5:18pm on 03/03/06
- I'm in Oregon, far from Cape Cod, but I planted a long row of asparagus crowns last spring. - Junebug - 5:40pm on 03/03/06
- A fe specifics...I think you need to plant enough so that when you harvest, there is - Marg CDN - 7:36pm on 03/03/06
- I love asparagus in Pasta; F&W Rec: Penne with Asparagus Cream Sauce - barb_b - 12:45pm on 03/03/06
- REC: Asparagus with Parmasan - Joe - 9:18pm on 03/03/06
- REC: Roasted Asparagus With Crispy Shallots - Meryl - 9:20pm on 03/03/06