Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Mussels in Green Olive Sauce. I just watched Tyler do a tapas menu. I gotta try these!
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #9847 at 9:12 pm on Feb 22, 2008
The rest of the recipes from the episode looked good too.
Mussels in Green Olive Sauce
Recipe courtesy Tyler Florence
Show: Food 911
Episode: Tapas Premiere
Green Olive Sauce:
1 cup green olives, pitted
2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
1/2 bunch fresh parsley leaves
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro leaves
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
1/2 lemon, juiced
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 pounds mussels, cleaned and trimmed
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 shallots, chopped
1 head garlic, cut in 1/2
1 red chile, cut in 1/2
8 sprigs fresh thyme
1 cup dry white wine
For the Green Olive Sauce, put everything into a food processor and process until almost smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Rinse the mussels and check them over; discard any that do not close when tapped. In a large heavy bottomed pot with a tight fitting lid, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shallots, garlic, chile, lemon, and thyme and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the mussels and give them a stir. Pour in the white wine, cover, and cook, shaking the pot occasionally, until all the mussels have opened, about 10 minutes. Stir in the Green Olive Sauce, pour the mussels onto a platter, and serve.
Link: Mussels in Green Olive Sauce
Other messages in this thread:
- 9847. REC: Mussels in Green Olive Sauce. I just watched Tyler do a tapas menu. I gotta try these! [LINK] - Joe - 9:12pm on 02/22/08 (4)
- 1 head of garlic...<head snaps to attention>... - Richard in Cincy - 9:36pm on 02/22/08
- Oh Baby, I love mussels and usually just steam them with the usual suspects. This will be made soon! [NT] - Nan - 7:43pm on 02/23/08
- This is on the list to try- lovelovelove mussels! [NT] - KarenUpstateNY - 10:06pm on 02/23/08
- OMG, this was SO good! We gobbled it up while watching the awards, dunking bread in the sauce. [NT] - Joe - 5:21pm on 02/25/08