Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Cinnamon Coffee Cake Kotniuk
Joined: Mar 8, 2006
Posted to Thread #9883 at 7:27 pm on Feb 26, 2008
* Exported from MasterCook *
CINNAMON COFFEE CAKE KOTNIUK
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 stick unsalted butter -- (1/2 cup) softened
1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
In a bowl whisk together the flour, the baking powder, and a pinch of salt and in another bowl stir together the sour cream and the baking soda. In a large bowl cream together the butter and 1 cup of the granulated sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy, add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, and beat in the vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture alternately with the sour cream mixture and stir the batter until it is combined well.
Pour the batter into a buttered 10-inch round cake pan. In a small bowl stir together the remaining 1/3 cup granulated sugar, the brown sugar, and the cinnamon and swirl the sugar mixture into the batter.
Bake the cake in the middle of a preheated 350°F. oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean, transfer it to a rack, and let it cool.
"Epicurious Gourmet April 1990"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Other messages in this thread:
- 9883. Rec: Cinnamon Coffee Cake Kotniuk - rhoward2va - 7:27pm on 02/26/08 (4)
- This looks too good ~ have you tried it? This is MUST ~ I have time tomorrow ~bet it's great ~yumm [NT] - dianncy64 - 12:26am on 02/27/08
- Yes, it's delicious. If you use a baking pan with a removable - rhoward2va - 3:06am on 02/27/08
- Thanks for the tip ~ I was going to use a removable bottom :) [NT] - dianncy64 - 3:21am on 02/27/08
- This has been my go-to coffee cake for years, originally from Gourmet, it's excellent - MoNJ - 1:42pm on 02/27/08