Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Report on the Chicken in Poblano Cream Sauce
Joined: Jan 8, 2006
Posted to Thread #9974 at 4:47 pm on Mar 6, 2008
My sister and I both made this. She made it after me with my suggested changes/additions. We both thought it was wonderful - here it is with changes. We changed raw chiles to roasted, doubled the flour to two tablespoons and added the garlic and cilantro. Actually, she made the famous cilantro rice from this site and just added a tablespoon or so of the puree to her sauce. I used Mexican Crema. She had sour cream and whipping cream so she mixed the two. Very Yummy!
3 or 4 poblanos, roasted, seeded & chopped
1/2 cup milk
4 T. Butter, divided use
2 T. flour
1 clove or more minced garlic
1 T. minced cilantro.
1 cup Mexican Crema
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 cup shredded manchego, jack or mozarella (I'm using queso quesadilla)
Puree chiles with milk in blender
Make roux with 2 T. of butter & flour, cook until slightly brown
Stir in chile puree and cook until slightly thickened
Turn down heat and add crema, heat until it GENTLY simmers
Meanwhile, brown chicken in large skillet with 2 t. butter, 4 minutes to a side on medium high heat
Put in buttered baking dish, top with sauce and shredded cheese.
Bake at 350 for 20 - 30 minutes until chicken is done.
Other messages in this thread:
- 9974. Report on the Chicken in Poblano Cream Sauce - Melissa Dallas - 4:47pm on 03/06/08 (10)
- Copied and saved - thanks Melissa! How's the weather in Dallas today? My DD is in Austin. [NT] - cheezz - 5:05pm on 03/06/08
- your DD should call you so that you know that she isn't lying in a ditch somewhere, bleeding... - rvb - 6:14pm on 03/06/08
- HA! Just hadn't talked to her for a couple of days... my girls are sure good at calling... - cheezz - 9:52pm on 03/06/08
- heehee. [NT] - rvb - 10:28pm on 03/06/08
- I think it's getting ready to be nasty. Snow moving in and temps dropping. Of course since we - Melissa Dallas - 7:41pm on 03/06/08
- take heart, Spring is just around the corner. Our zoo bear Jake is awake and wandering around this - AngAk - 9:00pm on 03/06/08
- Oh! We've been having days in the 70's and even 80's just a day or so before the snow days. [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 9:18pm on 03/06/08
- Dallas gets all the extremes... Austin seems to miss a lot of it. Gets a bit of snow, though. [NT] - cheezz - 9:53pm on 03/06/08
- march comes in like a lamb and out like a schizophrenic. [NT] - rvb - 2:51am on 03/07/08
- I like lamb but I'd even take the schizophrenic right now. Although...is he cute? What a winter! - Marg CDN - 3:23pm on 03/07/08