Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
What are your favorite asparagus recipes? Here's one of mine: Roasted Asparagus with Crisp Shallots
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #10330 at 3:08 am on Apr 6, 2008
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH CRISP SHALLOTS
3-4 Tbsp olive oil, divided (I use extra virgin)
2 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
2 pounds asparagus spears, trimmed
1/8 tsp salt
A few pinches freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp finely grated orange peel
Preheat oven to 450 F (425 F for dark pans).
In a skillet, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat and saute shallots for 5 minutes. Set aside.
In a shallow roasting pan or baking pan, toss asparagus spears with remaining 1-2 Tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper.
Roast until asparagus is tender, about 8-10 minutes, stirring once. Remove from heat.
Add orange peel to roasting pan, mixing well.
To serve, place asparagus on plates and sprinkle with shallots.
Makes 6 servings.
Adapted from my files.
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 10330. What are your favorite asparagus recipes? Here's one of mine: Roasted Asparagus with Crisp Shallots - Meryl - 3:08am on 04/06/08 (20)
- My all time favorite, REC: Penny's Norwest Pickled Asparagus - Dawn_MO - 12:33pm on 04/06/08
- Northwest, that should read. [NT] - Dawn_MO - 12:34pm on 04/06/08
- Re: Open-face Asparagus-Egg Sandwiches from the FJ Best Vegetable Recipes - Curious1 - 4:53pm on 04/06/08
- Asparagus Salad with Sweet Balsamic Vinegar (always a hit) - Sylvia - 12:37pm on 04/06/08
- An old thread posted here includes our fave asparagus pesto [NT] [LINK] - Shaun in TO - 1:29pm on 04/06/08
- In addition to those Shaun linked to above we like this Rec: Scallops with Asparagus - Pat-NoCal - 3:19pm on 04/06/08
- Rec: Gingered Beef with Leeks and Asparagus I love asparagus, this is a main dish we really enjoy. [LINK] - Curious1 - 3:40pm on 04/06/08
- Here'smine: Steamed asparagus with fried eggs - EvaN - 4:22pm on 04/06/08
- Rec: Pie-Pan Asparagus from the very old Farm Journal Best Vegetable Recipes... - Curious1 - 4:44pm on 04/06/08
- I've tried it so many ways.....but my fave is still fat, spring asparagus steamed to al dente, - KarenNoCA - 12:08am on 04/07/08
- I realllly like mayo on steamed asparagus...yummy! [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 2:43am on 04/07/08
- Rec: Asparagus Roll-ups [LINK] - mboley - 6:28pm on 04/06/08
- "Joe's Asparagus" from here! [LINK] - mboley - 6:31pm on 04/06/08
- Thanks, mboley, my head is swelling. [NT] - Joe - 12:24am on 04/07/08
- Among the faves...Chard-wrapped Asparagus Dumplings - Marg CDN - 8:07pm on 04/06/08
- Wow! How'd I miss this one? [NT] - Joe - 12:23am on 04/07/08
- I think it's not for everyone Joe. It has a very subtle and interesting flavour...the combo of - Marg CDN - 7:44pm on 04/07/08
- Souds really interesting and worth a try, thanks, saved [NT] - Nan - 6:36am on 04/08/08
- Sounds!!!! [NT] - Nan - 6:37am on 04/08/08
- nice fat juicy raw spears included on a vegetable platter with a nice viniagrette or dip. so sweet. [NT] - AngAk - 5:38pm on 04/07/08