Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Music City Missy||
EASY stuffed chicken breasts
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #10355 at 5:05 pm on Apr 9, 2008
I created this years ago after having something similar at a bridal luncheon and I just do these as few or many as you need. They always get rave reviews.
1) Pound a chicken breast out to get it as even thickeness as you can.
2) Place a piece of any kind of nice thin ham you like in the center along with a piece of emmenthaler or gruyere cheese and roll up sort of tucking in like an eggroll as you can. Wrap with a piece of pancetta or bacon and secure with a toothpick. (You can brown off slightly if you would like for appearance or to cut baking time slightly.)
3) Place in a baking dish.
4) Saute sliced mushrooms and some shallots until nicely carmelized. Remove from pan.
5) Make a roux with any oil left in pan and add oil/butter as needed. Cook on low for about 10 minutes to cook and remove raw taste but do not color.
6) Add about 50/50 chicken stock and heavy cream to make a sauce. Add a couple of tablespoons of sherry and add mushrooms and shallots back. You want a rather thin sauce - not too thick.
7)Pour over chicken and bake until chicken is done through.
Serve over rice.
Other messages in this thread:
- 10355. Seeking inspiration for a meal for 12 - MoNJ - 1:41pm on 04/09/08 (18)
- Make Gretchen's pulled pork. It's my fallback recipe when I have a crowd! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 2:03pm on 04/09/08
- something more formal? [NT] - MoNJ - 3:01pm on 04/09/08
- Chicken Cordon Bleue is formal and most people enjoy it ~ try with a side dish of augraten potatos - dianncy64 - 4:15pm on 04/09/08
- How about Chicken Marbella? Easy, make-ahead, and delish. [LINK] - Dawn_MO - 4:53pm on 04/09/08
- EASY stuffed chicken breasts - Music City Missy - 5:05pm on 04/09/08
- Oh Yum Missy! We just finished eating this. Really good! I felt like it - orchid - 8:44pm on 04/19/08
- Chicken Breasts Lombardy - Can be made ahead - rhoward2va - 5:24pm on 04/09/08
- Sour Cream Chicken- it is easy and very delicious [LINK] - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:34pm on 04/09/08
- You could make cornish game hens.. - KC_ - 6:27pm on 04/09/08
- 7 C's Chicken - rvb - 5:54pm on 04/09/08
- How about Sundried Tomato Pesto Stuffed Tenderloin. I did this meal for 10 people a while back. [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 5:55pm on 04/09/08
- Good idea. There are lots of ways of doing pork tenderloin that are elegant - Marg CDN - 6:36pm on 04/09/08
- Ah, I'm feeling better, and inspired again ;) Now to choose among all the great sugg's.Thanks all!! [NT] - MoNJ - 6:16pm on 04/09/08
- Lisa's Greek-stuffed Chicken Breasts. (link) Also, Beef Bourguignon or coq au vin... [LINK] - Joe - 8:06pm on 04/09/08
- Julia's favorite chicken Chicken Ragout and onions in Red Wine - lindy - 12:11am on 04/10/08
- Hi lindy, posting a link is easy. Just copy the URL, then paste it in the box at the bottom of your [LINK] - Meryl - 12:33am on 04/10/08
- hey meryl - lindy - 12:48am on 04/10/08
- Hey Lindy, you're right - it only applies to personal links. Glad to help. :) [NT] - Meryl - 12:55am on 04/10/08