Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Baked Artichokes with Gorgonzola and Herbs. I don't usually gush over Giada's recipes,
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #10408 at 3:03 pm on Apr 16, 2008
but this was a fantastic way to serve artichokes. The melted cheese in the center serves as a dipping sauce. I wouldn't change a thing, (except to explain what the extra lemon is for. I think it's to be sliced as a garnish.) It was last night's supper, and it would be a perfect starter for an important dinner. I like that it can be ready for the oven ahead of time.
Baked Artichokes with Gorgonzola and Herbs
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
3 lemons, plus 1 lemon
10 ounces mild Gorgonzola cheese, room temperature
2 tablespoons cream
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley leaves, plus 1 tablespoon
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons bread crumbs
1 tablespoon olive oil
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Trim the artichokes by cutting off the top 1-inch or so. Cut the stem close to the base of the artichoke so the artichoke can sit up straight, and remove some of the bottom leaves. Using kitchen shears, trim the sharp points off of any remaining outer leaves. Add the artichokes to the boiling water. Halve the lemons and squeeze the juice into the boiling water. Toss in the lemons. Cook the artichokes until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain the artichokes and let cool.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together the Gorgonzola, cream, thyme, 2 teaspoons parsley, garlic and pepper. Taste and add salt if necessary. In another small bowl stir together the bread crumbs and remaining 1 tablespoon of parsley.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Remove the center choke of the artichokes using a small spoon. Stuff the cheese mixture into the center of the artichokes. (It will look like too much cheese but it melts down in the oven). Place the artichokes into a baking dish. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the top of the artichokes. Drizzle the tops of the artichokes with olive oil. Bake until the artichokes are heated through, the cheese is melted, and the bread crumbs are crisp and golden, about 25 minutes. Transfer the artichokes to a serving dish and serve.
Link: Baked Artichokes with Gorgonzola and Herbs
Other messages in this thread:
- 10408. REC: Baked Artichokes with Gorgonzola and Herbs. I don't usually gush over Giada's recipes, [LINK] - Joe - 3:03pm on 04/16/08 (8)
- I believe this is dindin tonight. I saw her make this and was drooling. thanks for posting. [NT] - AngAk - 12:05am on 04/17/08
- Ang, let me know if you try it. It's funny, Jacques avoids FoodTV and doesn't even like artichokes - Joe - 3:46am on 04/17/08
- LOL, my DH is smitten with her---that's why I saw the episode. [NT] - AngAk - 9:40pm on 04/17/08
- And I just happen to have two artichokes waiting in the wings.... [NT] - Glennis_NoCA - 4:18am on 04/17/08
- I've eaten 4 of these so far and I don't even LIKE gorgonzola - Liz D - 1:44pm on 04/17/08