Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Shaun in TO||
Roman Artichoke Stew (aka La Vignarola)
Joined: Mar 12, 2006
Posted to Thread #10597 at 4:32 pm on May 7, 2008
Roman Artichoke Stew
Serves 4 as a starter
2 medium or large artichokes (or 4 to 6 baby ones)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 cup peeled fava beans
1/2 cup water
5 or 6 leaves romaine lettuce, cut crosswise into thin strips
1 cup fresh or frozen peas
Thinly sliced mint leaves
Trim the artichokes (preserving the delicious stem) and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out the choke. If using larger artichokes, cut each half into 3 or 4 wedges.
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the green onions and cook, stirring frequently, about a minute. Add the artichokes, fava beans and water. Season with salt and pepper. Lower the heat, cover, and cook for 10 minutes or until the artichokes are almost tender when pierced with a knife. (Larger, older artichokes may need more water.)
Stir in the lettuce, peas and mint. Cover and cook for 3 minutes more or until the lettuce is wilted and the artichokes are tender.
Serve hot or at room temperature.
Other messages in this thread:
- 10597. Fava Beans are in! What is your favorite recipe please? I just love their packaging, - Barbara in VA - 1:19pm on 05/07/08 (5)
- REC: Pasta with Fava Beans, Olives & Broccoli Rabe Orso... - charlie - 2:09pm on 05/07/08
- REC: Farfalle with Lobster, Favas & Peas... - charlie - 2:12pm on 05/07/08
- Martha Stewarts REC: Fava Bean Salad... - charlie - 2:14pm on 05/07/08
- Roman Artichoke Stew (aka La Vignarola) - Shaun in TO - 4:32pm on 05/07/08
- Thank you Charlie and Shaun! I am off to buy some favas....I can't wait to try your recipes! [NT] - Barbara in VA - 12:23pm on 05/08/08