Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
by the way.... Judy-TX posted a recipe to make your own Media Crema if you can't find it...
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #10843 at 8:11 pm on May 28, 2008
Place 1 cup whipping cream in a small saucepan on low. Heat until it is just barely warmed. Do not overheat or the crema won't thicken. Place warm whipping cream and 2 tablespoons buttermilk in a glass container. Cover and let stand at room temperature (about 70°F) for 8 to 24 hours, or until very thick. Stir well, cover and refrigerate for up to 10 days.
If your kitchen is warm, you can skip the step of warming the whipping cream. If you don't have buttermilk, you can use two tablespoons yogurt with active cultures.
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 10843. REC: Mexican Flan from Daisy Martinez.... this is the BEST flan I have ever had *g* [LINK] - cheezz - 7:55pm on 05/28/08 (9)
- by the way.... Judy-TX posted a recipe to make your own Media Crema if you can't find it... - cheezz - 8:11pm on 05/28/08
- This sounds terrific. I'm with you - anything caramel... [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 7:26am on 05/29/08
- I think I may have mentioned this before, under another flan thread, but my fil's lady friend is... - Michael in Phoenix - 12:07pm on 05/29/08
- Michael, I just wonder if she'd show you how to make it if you ask her over just for that purpose! - Marsha tbay - 12:14pm on 05/29/08
- Oh, you KNOW I'm gonna keep trying !! ; > [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 12:16pm on 05/29/08
- I googled flan in pressure cooker and saw some recipes....pressure cookers are also very popular in - Curious1 - 1:08pm on 05/29/08
- I really love the recipe I use, but will definitely try this one. Thanks! [NT] - GeorgiaRose - 12:18pm on 05/29/08
- Isaw this episode. She said the success of this dish and good flavor had everything to do with the - GailNJ - 8:37pm on 05/29/08
- Here's our favorite: Elena's Flan. But I'm going to give this one a try too! [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 9:48am on 05/30/08