Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
PROVENCAL ROAST OF BEEF (An old favourite)
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #1121 at 10:52 pm on Mar 14, 2006
PROVENCAL ROAST OF BEEF
1/3 cup Red wine vinegar
2 tbsp. Each chopped fresh thyme & rosemary or 2 tsps. each dried
2 tbsps. Olive oil
1/2 tsp. Pepper
2 Cloves garlic, crushed
1 Sirloin tip or rump roast (I used cross rib) 3 lbs.
1 Bay leaf
1 Strip orange rind, 2 inches long
Whisk together first 5 ingredients. Pour into large plastic bag. Add beef, bay leaf and orange rind. Coat beef well. Seal bag and refrigerate, turning occasionally, for at least 12 hours or up to 24 hours.
Discard marinade; place meat on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and cook, turning to brown all sides, for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; cook for about 1 hour longer or until meat thermometer registers 140°F for rare or 150°F for medium-rare. Transfer to cutting board and tent with foil; let stand for 10 minutes before carving.
Other messages in this thread:
- 1121. ISO: Recipes for a big honking rump roast... - Dawn_MO - 12:51pm on 03/14/06 (13)
- Hi Dawn. The knuckle is part of the round roast. Here's a link that explains it... [LINK] - Michael in Phoenix - 1:27pm on 03/14/06
- When I used to sell meats and cheeses to restaurants, the beef knuckle (peeled)... - Michael in Phoenix - 2:13pm on 03/14/06
- Wow, interesting.Have never heard the tip called - Durward - 2:13pm on 03/14/06
- i remember rump being a bit tougher than other cuts but very well flavored. heres... [LINK] - rvb - 1:36pm on 03/14/06
- Rump is a very lean piece of meat that can be - Durward - 2:11pm on 03/14/06
- I have a question about this too: I've braised a "top round" roast twice... - Joe - 3:21pm on 03/14/06
- i think it was the boiling did it. [NT] - rvb - 4:16pm on 03/14/06
- That would be my bet as well. There are also differences between steers... - Michael in Phoenix - 4:28pm on 03/14/06
- LOL, Michael. Thanks, guys, that's reassuring. [NT] - Joe - 4:33pm on 03/14/06
- Braised Rumpr Roast with Gravy - DawnNYS - 9:40pm on 03/14/06
- PROVENCAL ROAST OF BEEF (An old favourite) - Sylvia - 10:52pm on 03/14/06
- RUMP ROAST IN BEER - Sylvia - 10:54pm on 03/14/06
- I ended up cooking it in the slow cooker. REC: Machaca Mexicana - Dawn_MO - 8:07pm on 03/19/06