Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Michael, did you try the Chipotle Pepper Hummus that Marsha posted awhile back?
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #10883 at 2:40 am on Jun 2, 2008
It's to die for! I use the LaTienda Sweet Smoked Paprika in it. Everyone I've served it to goes nuts over it.
Chipotle Pepper Hummus
1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed well
2 TBS tahini
1 chipotle chili in adobo plus 1 TBS liquid from can
1 clove garlic
2 TBS sweet paprika
juice of 1 lime
salt to taste
Combine all ingredients in a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Process until smooth.
Makes 2 cups.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Other messages in this thread:
- 10883. To Curious and anyone interested in the hummus thread, I made the CI "Restaurant... - Michael in Phoenix - 3:48pm on 06/01/08 (13)
- I bought all the ingredients, but haven't made it yet. Did you use cilantro? I love it in hummus. [NT] - Curious1 - 5:35pm on 06/01/08
- Btw, this is one reason my pantry is a disaster. I'm better at buying than making, :-( [NT] - Curious1 - 5:36pm on 06/01/08
- Curious, you sound like me. I finally cleaned out my pantry today :) [NT] - Marsha tbay - 8:52pm on 06/01/08
- I had good intentions, the computer and filing recipes got in the way. [NT] - Curious1 - 9:00pm on 06/01/08
- Ha, too funny...I keep collecting recipes on my computer (more than the clippings I use to collect) - Marsha tbay - 10:22pm on 06/01/08
- I cleaned it out today! And this time, after taking the cleanliness test, I removed everything - Curious1 - 9:40pm on 06/03/08
- Speaking of cleaning things out, I recently recycled over 200 food magazines. Thought I might regret - Pat-NoCal - 10:34pm on 06/03/08
- I did the same thing Curious...must be a Florida thing! :) [NT] - Marsha tbay - 11:51pm on 06/03/08
- The recipe I used only called for it as a garnish. That's what I did. By the way, I LOVE... - Michael in Phoenix - 6:52pm on 06/01/08
- Michael, did you try the Chipotle Pepper Hummus that Marsha posted awhile back? - GayleMO - 2:40am on 06/02/08
- I have not. It looks wonderful. Did you use the smoked paprika and the chipotle pepper? - Michael in Phoenix - 6:19pm on 06/02/08
- I used both and it's wonderful! My DH got up in the night and ate a ton of it! lol - GayleMO - 7:45pm on 06/02/08
- REC: Anchovy Tuna Dip (reads like Anchovy-Tuna Hummus to me) - Dawn_MO - 6:55pm on 06/02/08