Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
ISO: Meryl and KC, et al: Meryl, I made the Persian Rice Pilaf with Saffron and Pomegranates
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #10889 at 4:39 am on Jun 2, 2008
that you posted tonight.
Very delicious! One problem though, I wrecked the rice!! I used my new Le Creuset 7.25” round Dutch oven for the rice but it started to scorch a little when I was sautéing the onions and “Callyfornia” apricots. Used 2.5 TBS of veggie oil and I did add a quarter cup more of boiling spring water (never use Philly tap!) to the rice as I know I sometimes have problems, especially with basmati rice. Yes, I rinsed it well. Nevertheless, the pilaf was so delicious and a great accompaniment for the kebabs!
I used KC’s tip and soaked the pomegranate seeds in cherry-flavored POM juice to rehydrate in the fridge for a few hours – great tip and it worked!! By the way, I went to Genuardi’s last week after calling in advance, only to find that the clerk was wrong about having the pomegranate seeds, and they were not in aisle number 5! After calling Whole Paycheck two times (after another clerk was incorrect, and with sheer determination…), I found them in the dried fruit section and bought them and the ground lamb and ground sirloin, etc. Hey, now a days, it’s best to let your fingers do the walking instead of wasting gas….
I also made the kebabs as follows with the link. The pilaf was terrific with the kebabs.
Link: Persian Rice Pilaf with Saffron and Pomegranates
Other messages in this thread:
- 10889. ISO: Meryl and KC, et al: Meryl, I made the Persian Rice Pilaf with Saffron and Pomegranates [LINK] - Sandy_in_Philly - 4:39am on 06/02/08 (4)
- Rec: Kebab Kubideh (a Persian kebab) [LINK] - Sandy_in_Philly - 4:43am on 06/02/08
- Hey Sandy, glad you liked the pilaf! Thanks for letting me know! [NT] - Meryl - 6:05am on 06/02/08
- This all sounds so delish, glad it was worth all the time and effort for ingredients. I'll never - Curious1 - 2:38pm on 06/02/08
- All right Sandy! Perseverance pays! Glad the pilaf was worth the effort - the kebabs sound good,too [NT] - KC_ - 2:41am on 06/03/08