Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
ISO: uncomplicated recipes for skinless, boneless, chick thighs. These go over well
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #10908 at 2:44 pm on Jun 3, 2008
here because the gag reflex remains dormant during the meal and H keeps asking for the dark meat chicken again and again.
I tend to do them with a Thai type marinade of peanut butter, yogurt, lime, cilantro as well as the Dijon method that I've been doing for 25 years when the tarragon is in gear. So both of these are really simple.
Does anyone have some simple and not too lengthy methods of doing these guys? I am determined to spend less time in the kitchen this summer, if it ever arrives.
Dijon Mustard Chicken (An old, old recipe from my dusty archives)
1/4 c. flour
4 large whole chicken breasts, deboned or not
1 t. salt 2 T. butter
1/4 t. pepper 2 T. Veg oil
Mix flour with s&p. Dredge chicken. Saute chicken in skillet with butter and oil until golden. (10 Min)
Arrange in bottom of lightly-buttered casserole
3 T. butter
3/4 c. chicken stock
3 T. flour
1 t. salt
3 T. grainy Dijon mustard (Maille please!!)
1 ½ c. milk
1 t. dried or preferably 1 T. fresh chopped tarragon, or more
Melt butter in saucepan. Whish in flour and mustard. Continue whisking untill bubbling. Whisk in rest of ingredients. Cook, whisking constantly until mixture thickens and bubbles for 1 minute.
Bake at 350, covered, until chicken is tender (30 min).
Other messages in this thread:
- 10908. ISO: uncomplicated recipes for skinless, boneless, chick thighs. These go over well - Marg CDN - 2:44pm on 06/03/08 (27)
- This version of Thai Thighs is popular. [NT] [LINK] - Sylvia - 2:52pm on 06/03/08
- You can use thighs in this Cafe Chicken recipe. [NT] [LINK] - Sylvia - 2:53pm on 06/03/08
- Here is one that I love. REC: Balsamic Vinegar Chicken - Dawn_MO - 3:02pm on 06/03/08
- Hope this isn't too fussy. Rec: Moroccan Chicken Thighs - Pat-NoCal - 3:21pm on 06/03/08
- charlie's chicken in red wine vinegar [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 3:39pm on 06/03/08
- Moyn's spicy Hoisin Chicken [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 3:40pm on 06/03/08
- lots of other good recipes in T&T marg. [NT] - AngAk - 3:40pm on 06/03/08
- You could use boneless in these T&T's and adjust the cooking time. - Pat-NoCal - 3:40pm on 06/03/08
- Oh and....Rec: French Chicken in Vinegar Sauce - Pat-NoCal - 3:41pm on 06/03/08
- Two here: (link and image) [NT] [LINK] [IMAGE] - Sandy_in_Philly - 4:31pm on 06/03/08
- Two more: [NT] [LINK] [IMAGE] - Sandy_in_Philly - 4:36pm on 06/03/08
- And another two more (for now) Can ya tell I love them?? [NT] [LINK] [IMAGE] - Sandy_in_Philly - 4:39pm on 06/03/08
- Devilish Chicken (Wings) Thighs - Michael in Tampa - 5:58pm on 06/03/08
- off to buy legs or thighs or wings---this sounds delish and I have all the other ingredients [NT] - AngAk - 6:07pm on 06/03/08
- REC: 5-Ingredient Chicken. One of my faves, originally posted by Dawn/SanDiego (remember her?). [NT] [LINK] - Scott in Scottsdale - 10:15pm on 06/03/08
- For new folks, Dawn/San Diego = Dawn_MO....and all of her recipes are excellent! [NT] - MarilynFL - 8:10am on 06/04/08
- Awwwwww, thanks Mar... - Dawn_MO - 10:31am on 06/04/08
- And while we are at it... - Dawn_MO - 10:41am on 06/04/08
- He became Brian in Scottsdale, didn't he? [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 1:06pm on 06/04/08
- Close, but no cigar. [NT] - Scott in Scottsdale - 2:10pm on 06/04/08
- Bingo! Got the city right. And they named it after you! I shoulda known. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 2:26pm on 06/04/08
- 5 Ingredient is one of our favorites...love it! Also the Vinegar Chicken mentioned above AND the - ValinFL - 6:37pm on 06/04/08
- Tandoori cooked over charcoal. I've made my own & bought Penzey's spice blend - Melissa Dallas - 10:16am on 06/04/08
- What a perfect collection! Made Pat's Morroccan last night. Used prumes instead - Marg CDN - 10:18am on 06/04/08