Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
aww... congrats lil sis! REC: Hearty Homestyle Chicken Pot Pie
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #10958 at 8:28 pm on Jun 8, 2008
Hearty Homestyle Chicken Pot Pie
Makes 5 servings
2 cans Campbell’s Cream of broccoli soup
3/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp. dried thyme, crushed
1/4 tsp. pepper
4 cups cooked cut-up vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and potatoes)
2 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
1 can (10-oz.) refrigerated flaky biscuits (like Hungry Jack)
1. In a 3 qt baking dish, combine the soup, milk, thyme, and pepper. Stir in the vegetables and chicken.
2. Bake at 400 deg. for 15 minutes or until mixture begins to bubble. Meanwhile, cut each biscuit into quarters.
3. Remove dish from oven; stir. Arrange biscuit pieces over hot chicken mixture. Bake 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
VARIATION: Top with melted cheddar or swiss cheese (grated) for the last 5 minutes of baking.
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 10958. Casserole and One Dish Ideas for Pregnant Sister? - dwavle - 10:12am on 06/08/08 (16)
- I can post a basic stuffed shells recipe that freezes well and can be scaled... - Michael in Phoenix - 10:54am on 06/08/08
- Please try the creamy beefaroni posted by Olga - carol whidbey Is - 2:03pm on 06/08/08
- Here's one for a great revamped Tuna Noodle Casserole from Chow... [LINK] - ValinFL - 2:39pm on 06/08/08
- Re: Casserole and One Dish Ideas for Pregnant Sister? - dwavle - 6:26pm on 06/08/08
- Here is a good website for one dish casseroles ~ Tons of recipes ~ Enjoy :) [NT] [LINK] - dianncy1964 - 7:13pm on 06/08/08
- aww... congrats lil sis! REC: Hearty Homestyle Chicken Pot Pie - cheezz - 8:28pm on 06/08/08
- REC: McCall’s Chicken and Vegetables Pot Pie - cheezz - 8:29pm on 06/08/08
- REC: Church Cookbook Hot Dish - cheezz - 8:31pm on 06/08/08
- My favorite, cheezz- I make this from my hometown church cookbook often [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 2:18pm on 06/09/08
- It's what we ended up making for our last DAR luncheon... I was VERY skeptical - cheezz - 9:03pm on 06/09/08
- Yup. It is why I first posted it long ago. Glad you tried it. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 10:12pm on 06/09/08
- Thanks bunches - little sis and her husband will be well fed! [NT] - dwavle - 8:49pm on 06/12/08
- I like to use the frozen cheese ravioli, cook them up and layer with some mozzarella and sauce. - AngAk - 5:20pm on 06/09/08
- Ang, the frozen ravioli I buy at Costco can be layered with sauce while it's still frozen, it - Curious1 - 11:30am on 06/10/08
- I didn't know this---even easier! everyone always loves it. [NT] - AngAk - 12:25pm on 06/10/08
- This is a great one. I always make for the new moms in the - lorijean - 7:49pm on 06/09/08