Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Sarah in Charleston||
Ham and Mushroom Pate
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #122 at 11:03 pm on Dec 16, 2005
1 lb fresh mushrooms, chopped
1/3 lb smithfield type ham, chopped
1/4 lb butter
1 Tb chopped shallots
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp marjoram
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 c brown sauce*
Mince mushrooms and ham in food processor. Saute in butter for 3-5 minutes.
add remaining ingredients. cook until almost dry, but stills binds together. 30+ minutes.
1 1/2 Tb butter
1 1/2 Tb flour
2 cups beef stock - fresh is best...
1/3 c dry white wine
Melt butter in saucepan. Add flour. Cook stirring until browned.
Stir in broth. Bring to a boul, cook 3-5 minutes, stirring. Add wine.
If you have extra, very good on a crostini!!
Other messages in this thread:
- 122. Beef Wellington for Christmas dinner- anyone have a favorite liver pate recipe to share? [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 6:12pm on 12/16/05 (5)
- I have a mushroom/country ham pate to go with Beef "Virginia" if you are interested [NT] - Sarah in Charleston - 6:23pm on 12/16/05
- If it isn't too much trouble to post, yes, please. Thank you [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 8:08pm on 12/16/05
- Ham and Mushroom Pate - Sarah in Charleston - 11:03pm on 12/16/05
- Cathy, I made a goof the last time I made it & it turned out better. I was doing the duxelle but - Marg CDN - 9:51pm on 12/16/05
- Thank you Sarah and Marg (more) - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:24am on 12/17/05