Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Oh yeh, I've found shrimp defrost very quickly. What I do is...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #11249 at 11:01 am on Jul 2, 2008
just pull from the freezer, put them in a strainer, run briefly under some cold water, and let them sit 7 or 8 minutes until they are thawed and ready to play with. I don't let the water run constantly, just rinse the shrimp quickly to get the initial frozen stuff off. Or sometimes I sit the strainer full of frozen shrimp into a bowl of water. They thaw quickly that way as well.
Other messages in this thread:
- 11249. Pat-NoCal's Grilled Lime Shrimp...simple recipe that's absolutely delicious. We made it to serve [LINK] - Curious1 - 8:53am on 07/01/08 (15)
- Pat, I see Marilyn and Glennis have both made and enjoyed, a candidate for T&T? [NT] - Curious1 - 8:56am on 07/01/08
- I'd vote for it again. Plus Pat taught me a trick to defrost shrimp quickly: - MarilynFL - 9:03am on 07/01/08
- I am still of the S.D. mindset where water is so precious and expensive... - Dawn_MO - 9:12am on 07/01/08
- I put it in a bag in water also. I also found by accident that items thaw really quickly if placed - Curious1 - 9:30am on 07/01/08
- It's all about "heat transfer." Some substances are better than otheres, water being best. [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 10:08am on 07/01/08
- A VERY successful way to not only defrost but rehydrate frozen shrimp . . . - Steve2 in LA - 2:01pm on 07/01/08
- This sounds great, I have learned to brine shrimp in 2 T kosher salt per qt of water for 1 lb shrimp - Curious1 - 8:34pm on 07/01/08
- Man, I'm going to buy some shrimp and freeze them, JUST to try this! Thanks Steve. [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:12am on 07/02/08
- Oh yeh, I've found shrimp defrost very quickly. What I do is... - Pat-NoCal - 11:01am on 07/02/08
- The reason I brine is that freezing dehydrates shrimp (really, everything) which results >>> - Steve2 in LA - 2:42pm on 07/02/08
- Makes sense to me, Steve. I've had brined shrimp and they're great. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 5:18pm on 07/02/08
- DH not fond of shrimp...has anyone tried this with chicken? [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 10:13am on 07/01/08
- I'd give that a BIG thumbs up! [NT] - Glennis_NoCA - 1:14am on 07/02/08
- So glad you're all enjoying this dish as well. Will add it to T&T if it's not there already. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 11:01am on 07/02/08
- Just realized I hadn't cited the source. Originally found the recipe at recipezaar. [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 11:10am on 07/02/08