Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Eva, here's another good one - I've made it many times: Black bean patties with cilantro and lime..
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #11283 at 9:30 pm on Jul 4, 2008
This is delicious. Make sure you do not drain the black beans!
BLACK BEAN PATTIES WITH CILANTRO AND LIME
1 tablespoon olive oil (I used 2 Tbsp)
1 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium)
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper (I omitted this)
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper (I used 1 cup)
1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper (I used 1/2-2/3 Tbsp)
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt (I used about 1/6 tsp)
2 cloves garlic, minced (I used 3 large)
1 (15 oz) can black beans, UNDRAINED
1 1/2 cups dry breadcrumbs
1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (I usually use cheddar)
Vegetable cooking spray (I used olive oil)
2/3 cup salsa (I omitted this - see note below)*
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and next 8 ingredients (onion through garlic); sauté 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add beans; sauté 1 minute. Combine bean mixture, breadcrumbs, cornmeal, cilantro, and lime juice in a large bowl; stir well. Place 1 cup bean mixture in a food processor, and process until smooth. Add pureed bean mixture and cheese to remaining bean mixture; stir well. Divide mixture into 5 equal portions, (I divided into 6 equal portions), shaping each into 6-inch patty. Wipe skillet clean with paper towels. Coat skillet with cooking spray, (I used two nonstick skillets with 1 tsp oil in each one), and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add patties, and cook 3 minutes (total) or until browned, turning patties carefully after 1-1/2 minutes.
Serving Ideas : Serve with salsa.
*(I served this with a yogurt dip (nonfat plain yogurt, chopped cilantro, ground cumin, and Cajun hot sauce), along with chopped red onion and chopped tomatoes on the side.
From Cooking Light
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 11283. Here's a vegetarian 'burger' that's been getting good reviews. Someone was looking for a veggie - Marsha tbay - 8:18pm on 07/04/08 (5)
- Marsha, thank you! I've been looking for a good veggie burger for months. :-) [NT] - EvaN - 8:24pm on 07/04/08
- Eva, here's another good one - I've made it many times: Black bean patties with cilantro and lime.. - Meryl - 9:30pm on 07/04/08
- Thank you Meryl. And it looks like we have the same taste in peppers. - EvaN - 11:42am on 07/06/08
- Thanks Meryl, now this recipe is more like it!! - suz - 1:22pm on 03/04/09
- Thanks, Marsha - sounds good! [NT] - Meryl - 9:28pm on 07/04/08