Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|CathyZ from Kauai||
I pulled this T&T Rec out recently to make. Double Lemon Cream Pie. Really good.
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #11315 at 9:33 pm on Jul 7, 2008
DOUBLE LEMON CREAM PIE
1/3 c butter
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 c chopped, toasted walnuts
Cut butter into flour. Add nuts and form a ball. Press into bottom and sides of a pie pan. Bake at 350 for 15 min. (mine took almost 25 minutes). Cool on rack.
8 oz cream cheese at room temp
1 c powdered sugar
1 c heavy cream, whipped and lightly sweetened
1-1/2 heaping T lemon zest
1 T lemon juice
Blend cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in rest and spread over cooled crust. Refrigerate.
1-1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup cornstarch
1-1/2 cup boiling water
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
1-1/2 tbsp (heaping) fresh chopped lemon zest
3 egg yolks, beaten to light lemon yellow
Mix all except water in the top of a double boiler. Add boiling water slowly, whisking madly until all is incorporated.
Cook approximately 10 minutes, whisking frequently. When thickened to a pudding-like consistency, take off heat and add 1 tbsp butter and whisk it in. Cool and spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate and just before serving, spread a layer of lightly whipped cream over the top of the pie.
Other messages in this thread:
- 11315. I pulled this T&T Rec out recently to make. Double Lemon Cream Pie. Really good. - CathyZ from Kauai - 9:33pm on 07/07/08 (6)
- CathyZ--This sounds positively decadent and is rolling off the printer even as I type! Thanks! NT [NT] - wigs - 9:54am on 07/08/08
- Yep - definitely making this. Thanks CathyZ! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 10:43am on 07/08/08
- Made this over the weekend and it was wonderful. [NT] - oli - 1:04pm on 07/08/08
- Sounds great! Where does this recipe come from? [NT] - Meryl - 1:59pm on 07/08/08
- It started with CynUpstateNY's 90-yr old Aunt's recipe but I can never leave anything alone. - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:04pm on 07/08/08
- love the press-in crust, Cathy. [NT] - AngAk - 1:59pm on 07/08/08