Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
HI Barb-b I love 'crunchies' as we call these...Recipe inside......yes, golden syrup is a....
Joined: Apr 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #11383 at 10:14 pm on Jul 23, 2008
must. Now in SA we make them with "Jungle" oats but here I make them with Quaker....but not the instant kind, OLD-fashioned is what I use.
"Flapjacks" are really yummy too...they look like the American version of a pancake....generally made smaller and made on a flat griddle...which is not....
A griddle cake, which are in fact much like the English muffins you get in the States....so confusing...
Here is our recipe for crunchies/flapjacks...
We press them into a tin and then cut into squares when just out of the oven and then when they are cool get them out of the tin.....
I may just make some this week-end....OH YUmmy!
250g butter (or marge)
1TBL golden Syrup
1 cup coconut (dessicated)
1 cup flour (all purpose or cake)
1 cup sugar (normal granulated not icing or castor)
2 cups oats
Bring butter and syrup to the boil and then add bi-carb off the heat.
Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and then add the syrup mixture to the dry. Stir well and press into a buttered pan.
Bake at 150* for 15 mins (they should be just lightly golden. Be careful not to over bake.
Cut into squares while hot but allow to cool in the pan. When almost cool turn out onto rack to cool and crispen.
Wine does not make you fat, it makes you lean/against walls, tables, chairs, floors and ugly people.
Other messages in this thread:
- 11383. ISO rec for Bristish Flapjacks. My Neighbor just returned from the U.K. with some Hob nob flapjacks - barb_b - 4:58pm on 07/14/08 (8)
- barb_b, Found this recipe for you ... [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 5:24pm on 07/14/08
- Here is another ... [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 5:58pm on 07/14/08
- Barb, I cannot get this link to work ... do a google search for "london foodie n y" and the site wil - GayR - 6:09pm on 07/14/08
- Barb, Disregard - Click on the Link above -- I got it to work. [NT] - GayR - 6:16pm on 07/14/08
- Thanks so much Gay!!! [NT] - barb_b - 10:32pm on 07/14/08
- HI Barb-b I love 'crunchies' as we call these...Recipe inside......yes, golden syrup is a.... - joanietoo - 10:14pm on 07/23/08
- Joanie, Thanks so much for sharing your recipe! I really appreciate it! [NT] - barb_b - 11:29pm on 07/23/08
- Question about the butter amount. - BobbiJoAZ - 4:06pm on 10/21/08