Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Black-and-White Cookie Ripple (Oreo) Coffee Cake - this was a huge hit at the office today!
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #11544 at 10:20 pm on Jul 30, 2008
and it is a HUGE cake. I'm slowly making my way through Marcy Goldman's "A Passion for Baking" - here's another winner recipe!
Black-and-White Cookie Ripple Coffee Cake
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 cups sugar
6 large eggs
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup buttermilk
4 cups all purpose flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
30 coarsely chopped sandwich cookies
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
2-6 TBsp butter milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9-inch tube pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a mixer bowl, cream softened butter and sugar on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs 2 at a time, and blend on medium speed until blended, scraping bowl often to make sure no butter or sugar sticks to the bottom. Add vanilla and buttermilk and blend well. Fold in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and blend until batter is smooth, about 2 to 4 minutes.
Pour 2/3 of the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle 2/3 of cookie pieces over batter, putting more on perimeter than direction in middle area (cookie pieces are less likely to sink when dispersed this way). Top with remaining batter and top batter evenly with remaining cookie pieces.
Bake 45 minutes and then reduce oven temp to 325. Finish baking until cake tests done with a cake skewer that almost comes out clean, another 15-20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes in pan before turning cake out onto a serving plate.
For glaze, whisk sugar, butter and vanilla together. Slowly add enough milk to make a thin glaze. Drizzle glaze over top of cake with a fork or whisk. Let glaze set.
Source: A Passion for Baking, Marcy Goldman
Other messages in this thread:
- 11544. REC: Black-and-White Cookie Ripple (Oreo) Coffee Cake - this was a huge hit at the office today! - deb-in-MI - 10:20pm on 07/30/08 (4)
- Oh Deb! This sounds wonderful, I would like a piece right now please! - Barbara in VA - 4:29pm on 07/31/08
- See link for picture of cake [LINK] - deb-in-MI - 4:39pm on 07/31/08
- holey moley, I was going to pass this one up---until I saw the picture. I think Oreos go on sale - AngAk - 6:35pm on 07/31/08
- oh boy, dilemma--I bought Oreos to make Ina's oreo crunch brownies - MoNJ - 6:30pm on 07/31/08