Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
My frig gave up today. So now I'm on the prowl. I understand that the bottom freezers are more
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #11578 at 3:04 am on Aug 4, 2008
efficient, but does anyone hate them? I've had 3 side-by-sides, and this one that died today, lasted 32 years. I am so accustomed to having my frozen food all sorted, up and down, in front of me. Is it difficult to get used to a drawer now?
Is there still lots of room to put a frozen turkey in, or something bulky like that?
I have to make a decision tomorrow. I have another frig but it sure can't hold all this stuff. The raccoons will be well-fed over the next 2 days.
Anyone's help would be appreciated. I'm considering the LG....in the link....as it seems to be getting good reviews. I really want pull-out shelves.
I have to pull off all the upper shelves on one side of my kitchen to accommodate the higher frigs now. What a headache.
Other messages in this thread:
- 11578. My frig gave up today. So now I'm on the prowl. I understand that the bottom freezers are more [LINK] - Marg CDN - 3:04am on 08/04/08 (26)
- I never had trouble storing things in my bottom freezer which I had for over 25 years. It never .. - elaineta - 4:16am on 08/04/08
- I love that accessibility. And the ability to store large trays. [NT] - Marg CDN - 4:42am on 08/06/08
- I recently purchased a French Door fridge with the freezer on the bottom and love it. It is - charlie - 11:12am on 08/04/08
- Don't buy Kitchenaid! I have the bottom drawer freezer - MoNJ - 1:24pm on 08/04/08
- I know that many brands are built by just 2 or 3 companies--mine is by Dacor [NT] - charlie - 3:17pm on 08/04/08
- Ditto on that. No Kitchenaid appliances!!!! [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 5:00pm on 08/04/08
- OK. I wrote them off, altho they WERE a good option. Reliability is key. [NT] - Marg CDN - 4:43am on 08/06/08
- I have a bit of a reprieve. Please keep comments coming. I really appreciate them. I went into the - Marg CDN - 6:02pm on 08/04/08
- Marg, that's sort of my solution when something goes kaputt.. - Richard in Cincy - 6:38pm on 08/04/08
- And sometimes just moving it works. My dad still has one that was bought 48 years ago. It quit - Curious1 - 7:10pm on 08/04/08
- Do you all know that you have a better range of better-fitted appliances than we have in Can? Ticks - Marg CDN - 4:41am on 08/06/08
- I'm not sure why either since they are probably all made by the same factory in China anyway! [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 3:51pm on 08/06/08
- Still ticking me off. LG is probably what put GE on the defensive & LG is supported by the Korean - Marg CDN - 5:02pm on 08/06/08
- Are the Kenmore appliances there the same as here? They are always at the top of the ratings in - Curious1 - 4:02pm on 08/06/08
- Some are made by Amana, some by Whirlpool. Depends on which salesperson I talk to. I saw that they - Marg CDN - 5:00pm on 08/06/08
- Electrolux bought Jenn-air so put their name on the high-end Jenn-Air models [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 10:54pm on 08/09/08
- Marg, go over to the appliance section of Garden Web--those people are usually on top of it [NT] - charlie - 2:29am on 08/07/08
- Thanks Charlie. Terrific resource. [NT] - Marg CDN - 4:18pm on 08/07/08
- Isn't It! While deciding on appliances for our recent remodel, I got very useful info there [NT] - charlie - 7:07pm on 08/07/08
- Is this it?? I had to hunt around a bit and I'm not sure if this is it >> [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 3:58am on 08/08/08
- This is prolly too late...but looked at everything before I got my new one... - MariaDNoCA - 10:46pm on 08/09/08
- All these comments on little intricate details are always helpful. I am such an analytical when - Marg CDN - 3:24pm on 08/10/08
- Yes, why don't they paint the sides to match? Ditto microwaves... - MariaDNoCA - 9:53pm on 08/10/08
- Ah yes. My problem 2 years ago. I ended up leaving the side space open so - Marg CDN - 10:01pm on 08/10/08
- Egads - I hadn't measured height; yes my old one didn't get in the way at all - MariaDNoCA - 11:40pm on 08/10/08
- That's so funny. I had to go look, mine has buttons for beverage, vegetables/ chicken/ etc. The - Curious1 - 11:52am on 08/11/08