Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
This Zucchini Jam sounds odd, but is really, really good. tastes just like ch--err, apricot
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #11662 at 9:05 pm on Aug 12, 2008
• 6 cups zucchini -- peeled and grated
• 6 cups sugar (I use 4 c)
• 3/4 cup crushed pineapple in juice
• 1/2 cup lemon juice
• 2 (2 oz) pkg peach or apricot Jello
Cook zucchini and sugar for 15 minutes. Add pineapple and juice. Continue cooking for 6 minutes. Remove from heat and add Jello. Stir well and seal into jars, or freeze.
This recipe for Zucchini Apricot Jam serves/makes 5 pints.
I don't remember the source, and since I changed it a bit, I wouldn't dare take the chance : )
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Other messages in this thread:
- 11662. I'm loaded with 8 ball zucchini and the neighbors are pulling down the shades and locking the doors - CynUpstateNY - 1:07pm on 08/12/08 (8)
- I'd be glad to hear of your success if you do. & I'd be surprised. Zukes get so watery when frozen. [NT] - Marg CDN - 4:07pm on 08/12/08
- Maybe I shouldn't waste the rest of the ingredients, if that's the case. Just make some up and - CynUpstateNY - 5:07pm on 08/12/08
- Marg is right, Cyn- this will not freeze well. Sounds like a good recipe though. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:10pm on 08/12/08
- This Zucchini Jam sounds odd, but is really, really good. tastes just like ch--err, apricot - AngAk - 9:05pm on 08/12/08
- Sounds good- thanks Ang. I made the stuffed zucs and have been "tasting" it all afternoon. - CynUpstateNY - 9:22pm on 08/12/08
- Zucanoes are also great stuffed with sautéed onions, garlic, and your favorite cheeses. Yum! [NT] - KarenNoCA - 11:19pm on 08/12/08
- Cyn, don't forget about zucanoes! I cut the squash in half lengthwise, - Barbara in VA - 10:39pm on 08/12/08
- Barbara, I love the name zucanoes!! Love to freeze these for fall, too! [NT] - PatBastrop - 11:58pm on 08/12/08