Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Flourless Peanut Butter cookies
Joined: Feb 5, 2007
Posted to Thread #11801 at 4:54 pm on Aug 25, 2008
I think someone was looking for flour free PB treats--cheez?
Made these yesterday--they were crispy-slightly crumbly, definitely shift trays and watch baking time. I used half sugar, half splenda
Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookies
TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
MAKES 2 DOZEN COOKIES
Peanut butter binds these supernutty flourless cookies from Southern cook Elizabeth Woodson, a former art director at F&W.
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 extra-large egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons finely chopped peanuts (optional)
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350° and position 2 racks in the upper and lower thirds. In a medium bowl, mix the peanut butter with the sugar, baking soda and egg. Stir in the peanuts and chocolate chips. Roll tablespoons of the dough into 24 balls. Set the balls on 2 baking sheets, and using a fork, make a crosshatch pattern on each cookie. Bake for 15 minutes, shifting the baking sheets from front to back and bottom to top, until the cookies are lightly browned and set. Let cool on a wire rack.
Food and Wine Sept 2008
Other messages in this thread:
- 11801. REC: Flourless Peanut Butter cookies - MoNJ - 4:54pm on 08/25/08 (8)
- I love these, I make a version w/out the chopped nuts and chips. My fav p-nut butter cookies! [NT] - LisainLA - 7:03pm on 08/25/08
- I love all the Food and Wine "Staff Favorite" recipes...they've always been winners for me. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 7:31pm on 08/25/08
- The Sept F&W 30th anniv. is full of great recipes, it's worth picking up if you don't subscribe :) - MoNJ - 9:21pm on 08/25/08
- I second that! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 9:26pm on 08/25/08
- Started a subscription a month ago, hopefully the first issue I get will be this one. Thanks for the [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 10:13pm on 08/25/08