Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
hi, I need some info on cooking barley....
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #1248 at 9:39 pm on Mar 24, 2006
I just started cooking with barley and all the recipes say it takes 30 - 45 min. so far, it's been taking a minimum of 2 hrs. the recipes don't call for "quick cooking" barley, just regular. is that the normal cooking time or is there something I'm missing?
last night the chicken and veggies were done and the barley wasn't. I ended up giving Don bread with dinner, which I'm trying to eliminate with a healthier grain.
"Love doesn't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile." -Franklin P. Jones
Other messages in this thread:
- 1248. hi, I need some info on cooking barley.... - Randi - 9:39pm on 03/24/06 (7)
- from what i can figure out... - rvb - 10:01pm on 03/24/06
- I agree with rvb...pot barley (hulled) takes considerably longer but is a lot - Marg CDN - 10:23pm on 03/24/06
- that must be it. I didn't realize there was that much of a difference between... - Randi - 11:27pm on 03/24/06
- the foot's doing a lot better, thanks. boswellia... - rvb - 5:24pm on 03/25/06
- Here is a reference to the different types of barley. [LINK] - Durward - 3:52pm on 03/25/06
- Here's some more info on barley - cooking times are near the end. [NT] [LINK] - RuthAB - 8:10pm on 03/25/06
- thank you, the info you all posted is just what I needed. :-) [NT] - Randi - 6:00pm on 03/27/06