Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
HOw about Pat's Tuscan Steak?
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #12118 at 9:17 pm on Oct 1, 2008
Tuscan-Style Steak with Arugula and Parmesan
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, Use very best quality!
1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
2 medium cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
Salt and coarsely ground black pepper
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
4 boneless strip steaks, 1 to 2 inches thick, trimmed of exterior gristle
8 cups loosely packed arugula, washed and dried
3 ounces Parmesan cheese, cut into thin shavings
Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, oregano and a pinch each of salt and pepper in a small bowl until smooth; set aside.
Heat vegetable oil in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat until smoking. Meanwhile, season steaks liberally with salt and pepper. Lay steaks in pan and cook, without moving, until a well-browned crust forms, about 5 to 6 minutes. Using tongs, flip steaks. Reduce heat to medium. Cook 3 to 4 minutes more for rare (120 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer), or 5 to 6 minutes for medium-rare (125 degrees F). Transfer steaks to a cutting board, tent with foil, and let rest 5 minutes.
Divide arugula evenly among 4 individual plates. Cut each steak crosswise into thin strips and arrange steak over arugula. Drizzle any juices that collected from the meat over the greens. Re-whisk dressing and drizzle it over steak and greens. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Other messages in this thread:
- 12118. ISO a simple marinade or rub for grilled steak. I almost never cook steak,,, - Joe - 8:44pm on 10/01/08 (6)
- HOw about Pat's Tuscan Steak? - Marg CDN - 9:17pm on 10/01/08
- Here's one I love...Cuban Chimichurri Sauce and Cuban Mojo Marinade for the beef... [LINK] - barb_b - 9:37pm on 10/01/08
- Lemon juice, lawry's seasoned salt and rosemary. [NT] - SusanKentfieldCa - 10:25pm on 10/01/08
- This one sounds very good, although for my taste, I'd use less salt: Smoky Steak Rub [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 10:34pm on 10/01/08
- Thanks everyone! I went with barb's Mojo because I had all the ingredients. Delicious! - Joe - 3:54am on 10/02/08
- So glad you enjoyed it. Try the chimichurri some time. I really like it on the meat. [NT] - barb_b - 11:36am on 10/02/08