Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Mojo Marinade Plus Chimichurri; adapted from 3 Guys from Miami
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #1269 at 9:19 pm on Mar 26, 2006
THis is always a hit! The added plus is that the kitchen smells wonderful from the marinade and chimichurri. THis is for true garlic lovers!!
Mojo Marinade recipe
10 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sour orange juice*
1/2 cup minced onion
1/2 teaspoon oregano
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Mash the garlic and salt into a paste using mortar and pestle. Stir in the juice, onion and oregano. Let sit for 30 minutes at room temperature. In a saucepan, heat the olive oil to near boiling and remove from heat. Whisk in the juice mixture until blended. This will be enough marinade for up to 6 pounds of meat.
*Sour orange juice is available in Latino markets, or as a substitute combine two parts orange juice to one part lemon and one part lime.
Marinate steaks in the refrigerator overnight and then grill on the barbecue.
Transfer steaks to a cutting board and let rest, covered with foil, for ten minutes. Slice against the grain 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick. Arrange on a platter and cover with Chimichurri, or put the sauce in a gravy boat or bowl and let diners apply to their own taste.
8 cloves garlic
1/4 cup white vinegar
juice of one lime
2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup onion
1/2 bunch cilantro, stems removed
dash of red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
Put everything except the oil in a blender and "chop" until you have a thick mixture. Transfer to a bowl and whisk (do not use blender!) in the olive oil. Taste and add more salt, pepper, vinegar and lime juice as desired.
This recipe adapted from Three Guys from Miami.
Other messages in this thread:
- 1269. ISO: please post your favorite marinades. Thanks! REC: Teriyaki Marinade - Dawn_MO - 1:37pm on 03/26/06 (34)
- REC: Tropical marinade for steak - judy-mass - 2:04pm on 03/26/06
- REC: Indonesian Grilled Chicken - judy-mass - 2:10pm on 03/26/06
- Please check out #26 under pork- I just made it for company last night - Denice - 3:06pm on 03/26/06
- REC: lemon-mint marinade for 1 chicken - rvb - 4:30pm on 03/26/06
- Do you use this marinade on roasted chicken or chicken on the grill rvb? [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 6:59pm on 03/27/06
- hi cathy. either sauteed or grilled. here's the REC and my variations. - rvb - 10:40pm on 03/27/06
- I like the looks of all of it- I am going to try your method- my garden is full of mint. Thank you! [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 2:50am on 03/28/06
- REC: Mustard-Rosemary Marinade. This is intended for grilled lamb, but I use it for chicken - Joe - 4:56pm on 03/26/06
- These all sound great. Thanks so much! [NT] - Dawn_MO - 8:11pm on 03/26/06
- T&T REC Marinade for Grilled Fowl - CathyZ from Kauai - 8:07pm on 03/26/06
- T&T REC Ginger/Cilantro/Honey Marinade for Game Hens - CathyZ from Kauai - 8:12pm on 03/26/06
- I have used this marinade for chicken pieces and they were great. Thanks for posting these! [NT] - Dawn_MO - 8:21pm on 03/26/06
- Rec: Balsamic Rosemary Marinade - jerr - 8:27pm on 03/26/06
- Mojo Marinade Plus Chimichurri; adapted from 3 Guys from Miami - barb_b - 9:19pm on 03/26/06
- Here's mine. - TracyBAz - 12:37am on 03/27/06
- REC: Marinade for Salmon - RuthAB - 4:38am on 03/27/06
- REC: Ginger Orange Sauce - RuthAB - 4:55am on 03/27/06
- REC: Teriyaki Marinade - RuthAB - 5:13am on 03/27/06
- REC: Marinade for Swordfish - joyce in upstate NY - 11:41am on 03/27/06
- P.S.This marinade also works well with tuna [NT] - joyce in upstate NY - 11:48am on 03/27/06
- Marinade for London Broil - GailNJ - 1:03pm on 03/27/06
- Rec: Wild Herb Marinade for Venison with Prickly Pear Sauce - Richard in Cincy - 2:01pm on 03/27/06
- Stupidly simple marinade found up in favorites rec: - AngAk - 10:06pm on 03/27/06
- Rec: Chipotle and Lime Grilled Chicken Breasts... - orchid - 10:18pm on 03/27/06
- Rec: Mongolian Pork Chops (with a yummy Mongolian Marinade) [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 4:31pm on 03/28/06
- A simple, brief marinade for yummy grilled shrimp...Rec: Grilled Lime Shrimp - Pat-NoCal - 4:38pm on 03/28/06
- Dawn, another favorite here is your marinade for BBQ Chicken - Pat-NoCal - 4:52pm on 03/28/06
- Hi Pat, I love this recipe but since I no longer have my lime tree, - Dawn_MO - 2:23pm on 03/29/06
- Hi Dawn. Would you believe we were there just a week ago? Went on a - Pat-NoCal - 2:42pm on 03/29/06
- Rec: Balsamic Roast Pork Tenderloins - Pat-NoCal - 4:56pm on 03/28/06
- Rec: Grilled Halibut in Lemon-Mustard-Tarragon. Also good with salmon. - Pat-NoCal - 5:16pm on 03/28/06
- Beer! Beer, black pepper and a little soy sauce is a great marinade for chicken, pork, beef. [NT] - DawnNYS - 7:21pm on 03/28/06
- Here's another beer marinade for chicken REC: Miso Chicken - Sandi in Hawaii - 4:43am on 03/29/06
- Thanks everyone for all of the great sounding marinades. I cannot wait to try some of these! [NT] - Dawn_MO - 2:35pm on 03/29/06