Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Mango Lassi
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #12258 at 10:37 pm on Oct 14, 2008
I've made this several times and it really is fabulous. I use fresh ground cardomom seeds, though, as the taste is just out-of-this-world! You'll only need about 1/2 tsp. of fresh crushed seed.
Healthy Mango Lassi Recipe #18657
This delicious lassi is a healthy alternative to ice cream drinks or soda.
by Charishma Ramchandani
Takes 10 minutes.
* 3 cups yogurt
* 1 cup water
* 4 ice cubes
* 1 mango, peeled and chopped
* 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* 4 sprigs mint, 1 reserved for garnish
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender.
2. Blend and garnish with fresh mint.
3. Serve chilled!
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 12258. I am going to be receiving 2 quarts of organic goat yogurt on Thursday. - Dawn_MO - 8:17pm on 10/14/08 (10)
- tatziki, tatziki and more tatizki. Also yogurt mixed with a tad of brown sugar to top crisps or - Nan - 9:04pm on 10/14/08
- I second that!! Raita and Tzatziki should be served with a straw! Or naan... or pita... [NT] - cheezz - 10:45pm on 10/14/08
- REC: Mango Lassi [LINK] - cheezz - 10:37pm on 10/14/08
- My daughters and I LOVE this and we've never made it. - Lana in FL - 2:01am on 10/16/08
- SUPER easy recipe... you can adapt it to another fruit... peach or strawberry maybe? [NT] - cheezz - 5:00am on 10/16/08
- No, has to be mango, but our Indian shop has canned mango puree :) [NT] - Lana in FL - 8:41pm on 10/18/08
- REC: Apple Streusel Coffee Cake - cheezz - 10:39pm on 10/14/08
- Our favorite new snack is frozen blueberries topped with sweetened yogurt.... - Sandi in Hawaii - 6:41am on 10/15/08
- I don't know, I have never had it before. My friend came into a bunch of it - Dawn_MO - 2:56pm on 10/15/08
- no, it doesn't taste like goat cheese... just a little thinner than regular yogurt [NT] - cheezz - 11:10pm on 10/15/08