Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
AND WE HAVE A WINNER!!!! This recipe was SO fabulous... we were fighting over the last bit.
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #12588 at 3:01 am on Nov 14, 2008
It's really easy and the 'drizzle' sauce is delish... I drizzled with it just before plating so as not to sog up the panko.
Asparagus with Soy-Ginger Drizzle
Bon Appétit, April 2008
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Thick asparagus spears become an addictive appetizer when they're given a crunchy coating.
1/4 cup mayonnaise
4 teaspoons unseasoned rice vinegar, divided
3 teaspoons soy sauce, divided
1-1/4 teaspoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger, divided
1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)*
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1 pound thick asparagus spears, trimmed, bottom 2/3 of each spear peeled
2-1/4 teaspoons Asian sesame oil, divided
1 teaspoon golden brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce*
Preheat oven to 450°F. Oil large rimmed baking sheet. Whisk mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon rice vinegar, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon grated ginger in pie dish. Mix panko and sesame seeds in another pie dish. Toss asparagus in mayonnaise mixture to coat, then roll in panko mixture. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons sesame oil. Roast until browned, turning once, about 16 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk 1 teaspoon water, brown sugar, chili-garlic sauce, remaining 3 teaspoons vinegar, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, 1/4 teaspoon ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil in small bowl for sauce.
Transfer asparagus to platter; sprinkle with salt. Drizzle with sauce.
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 12588. To check out: Roasted Sesame-and Panko-Coated Asparagus with Soy-Ginger Drizzle [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 10:16pm on 11/11/08 (9)
- Photo at: [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 10:16pm on 11/11/08
- Yum! Just bought asparagus today and have everything else.. will be making this tomorrow night! [NT] - cheezz - 1:39am on 11/12/08
- Let me know how it turns out! [NT] - Meryl - 1:57am on 11/12/08
- Hey cheezz - here's my favorite asparagus recipe: Roasted Asparagus with Crisp Shallots - Meryl - 1:59am on 11/12/08
- I have been something similar, but the shallots would be a great addition! - cheezz - 3:03am on 11/14/08
- Sounds good - Like the addition of the almonds! [NT] - Meryl - 3:07am on 11/14/08
- AND WE HAVE A WINNER!!!! This recipe was SO fabulous... we were fighting over the last bit. - cheezz - 3:01am on 11/14/08