Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Hazelnut-Crusted Chicken Breasts
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #1304 at 1:24 am on Mar 30, 2006
(I copied this out of a friend's cookbook years ago. Can't remember the name of the book--Thirty minute something-or-other? I wish I could give proper credit because it's really good. I usually use a handful of fresh breadcrumbs in place of the dry crumbs, and add the wine, cream and mustard at the end with a free hand for a little extra sauce.)
½ cup hazelnuts
2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Salt and pepper
2 Tbs. fine dry bread crumbs
1 Tbs. butter
1 Tbs. salad oil
2 Tbs. dry white wine
½ cup whipping cream
Toast hazelnuts in a dry skillet. Rub in a towel to remove loose skin. Let cool slightly.
In a blender or processor, grind hazelnuts. Mix with bread crumbs in a shallow pan.
Beat egg with 1 tbs. of the mustard in a shallow bowl. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dust with flour. Dip in egg mixture to coat lightly, then dip in nut
Melt butter with oil in frying pan. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides and cooked through, about 10-12 minutes. Lift out of pan.
Deglaze pan with the wine. Add cream and remaining mustard and boil to sauce consistency.
Serve chicken with sauce.
Other messages in this thread:
- 1304. I have 6lb of boneless chicken breast and a potluck dinner I'm hosting this weekend... - FoodMuse - 6:00pm on 03/29/06 (8)
- Please see my comments below about the Orange Hoisin Chicken - it would be great for - LisainLA - 6:29pm on 03/29/06
- Hi, do you think I could make it the day before and reheat? NT [NT] - FoodMuse - 10:37pm on 03/29/06
- Personally, I don't care for the taste of re-heated chicken. I did eat it - LisainLA - 2:45am on 03/30/06
- Ron's Peacock chicken at post 1172 is easy and can feed a crowd. I made it with just - AngAk - 10:16pm on 03/29/06
- Great ideas! Thanks! I'm also looking for lowcarb chicken recipes if anyone has any. [NT] - FoodMuse - 10:36pm on 03/29/06
- REC: Hazelnut-Crusted Chicken Breasts - Joe - 1:24am on 03/30/06
- How about this: Rec: Szechwan White Cut Chicken with Spicy Peanut Sauce - Pat-NoCal - 1:53am on 03/30/06
- Chicken pot pie, chicken marsala, chicken salad - Durward - 5:28pm on 03/30/06