Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Mushroom Rice
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #12646 at 2:05 am on Nov 16, 2008
1/2 cup long-grain rice
1 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 lb. mushrooms
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/4 cup dry white wine
In a 1 1/2-quart heavy saucepan bring rice and water with salt to a boil. Stir rice once and cook, covered, over moderately low heat 15 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let rice stand, covered, 5 minutes.
While rice is cooking, cut mushrooms into 1/4-inch-thick slices and chop scallions. In a skillet heat butter over moderately high heat until foam subsides and sauté mushrooms with salt to taste until golden and any liquid mushrooms give off is evaporated. Add wine and simmer, stirring occasionally, until wine is evaporated.
Fluff rice with a fork and stir in mushrooms and scallions.
Source: 12/97 Gourmet http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/14584
Pat’s notes: Great rice. Used jasmine rice and a mixture of shiitake, oyster and cremini mushrooms. Some reviewers loved it with basmati rice. Was nice served with Garlicky Baked Chicken (with optional olive medley) and steamed artichokes.
Other messages in this thread:
- 12646. So I picked up some fall veggies at the farmers market along with mushrooms - ideas anyone? - Music City Missy - 9:18pm on 11/15/08 (12)
- Worlds Best Braised Green Cabbage(and it is) - suz - 9:28pm on 11/15/08
- REC: Faux Fried Eggplant (also posted in T&T): - Meryl - 10:59pm on 11/15/08
- You could do the butternut squash like these honey lime glazed sweet potatoes - Melissa Dallas - 11:24pm on 11/15/08
- For the radishes: Carrot, Orange, and Radish Salad - Delicious! - Meryl - 11:27pm on 11/15/08
- Evelyn from Athens' wonderful Briami [LINK] - CathyZ from Kauai - 12:31am on 11/16/08
- Steamed Radishes - CathyZ from Kauai - 12:33am on 11/16/08
- Rec: Mushroom Rice - Pat-NoCal - 2:05am on 11/16/08
- Pat ~ this recipe looks delicous ~ Q: does it have a gravy of sorts to it ? I think a mushroom - dianncy1964 - 5:04pm on 11/16/08
- No, no gravy. The mushrooms get incorporated nicely into the rice. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 1:40am on 11/17/08
- I'm going to make it this week~ sort of anxious .. it just looks so good ~ Thanks for the recipe :) [NT] - dianncy1964 - 2:19am on 11/17/08
- Made this tonight to go with chicken sag.... - judy-mass - 3:58am on 11/17/08
- Made this Roasted Butternut Squash with Moroccan Spices last night...yummy. [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 4:14pm on 11/16/08