Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Pimento Cheese Sandwiches
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #62 at 9:48 pm on Jul 22, 2009
Recipe from Melissa Dallas:
I used the old method like my mom used to and put the cheese through a grinder instead of grating (except my kitchen-aid one is electric and not hand-crank). Used 1 pound sharp cheddar, half pound of pepper-jack, a 4 oz can of diced roasted green chiles, a big diced roasted red pepper-about 8 oz and a couple of tablespoons of onion that I also put through the grinder. Mayo to bind. Now I need to go get more peppers & some good rustic bread. My favorite summer sandwich - A thick slice of rustic bread cooked in the oven on low until very crunchy topped open face with mayo, pimento cheese and completely covered with another big piece of roasted red pepper. Yum!
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- REC: Honey Nut Pastries - cheezz - 9:44pm on 07/22/09
- REC: Caramel Apple Salad [LINK] - cheezz - 9:46pm on 07/22/09
- REC: Cucumber Sandwiches [LINK] - cheezz - 9:48pm on 07/22/09
- REC: Pimento Cheese Sandwiches [LINK] - cheezz - 9:48pm on 07/22/09
- Note: the pimento filling makes a KILLER grilled cheese sandwich, too! [NT] - cheezz - 8:56pm on 07/23/09
- REC: Cook's Illustrated Lemon Bars [LINK] - cheezz - 9:48pm on 07/22/09
- REC: Patty's Quiche Supreme [LINK] - cheezz - 9:49pm on 07/22/09
- REC: Cream Scones with kumquat curd [LINK] - cheezz - 9:49pm on 07/22/09
- REC: White chocolate raspberry mini cupcakes [LINK] - cheezz - 9:50pm on 07/22/09
- REC: Darn Good Chocolate Cake with chocolate frosting - cheezz - 9:51pm on 07/22/09
- REC: Pulled pork bbq sandwiches on sweet potato biscuits [LINK] - cheezz - 9:52pm on 07/22/09
- and one of the set tables... [NT] [IMAGE] - cheezz - 10:09pm on 07/22/09
- and last but not least, the tea slideshow >> [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 9:47pm on 07/23/09