#1704: REC: Croissant Breakfast Casserole
Posted by: deb-in-MI at 9:59 pm on May 5, 2006
I thought this looked easy and good. Maybe nice for Mother's Day. From Recipezaar.
Croissant Breakfast Casserole" ~ by MarieAlice
This is a no fail recipe! Easy for the beginner cook, and looks very
elegant. Can be doubled and tripled with no problem!
4 plain croissants
1 tablespoon butter
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1 cup milk
1 cup shredded swiss cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1. Split croissants in half and place bottoms cut side up in one
layer in a rectangular casserole.
2. Melt butter in a fry pan.
3. Saute mushrooms and green onion until tender and liquid has
4. Set aside.
5. Beat together eggs and milk.
6. Pour half over croissants, layer mushroom mixture and cheeses
on top, then pour over remaining liquid.
7. Position croissant tops over the bottoms, cut side down.
8. Let stand over night in the refrigerator.
9. Bake at 350*F for 25 to 30 minutes or until set.
10. Cover with foil if browns too quickly.