Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Fellow bean lovers - Heirloom Beans from Rancho Gordo are out of this world! They are
Joined: Jul 25, 2007
Posted to Thread #12684 at 10:28 pm on Nov 19, 2008
truly different. I have been trying lots of different varieties, mostly pressure cooking.
They give crockpot , pressure and traditional cooking methods.
They are fabulous. The company is terrific - shipping is $8/flat rate. Ships same day as ordered. Can't say enough good things.
Also, their new cookbook Heirloom Beans is crazy good. There isn't one recipe in the book I wouldn't make. Just made some fabulous pasta fazool soup - going to try some baked chile rellenos tomorrow. The salads and dips are really yummy looking.
Other messages in this thread:
- 12684. Fellow bean lovers - Heirloom Beans from Rancho Gordo are out of this world! They are [LINK] - CactusSue - 10:28pm on 11/19/08 (4)
- Rancho Gordo is a good company, my orders have arrived prompty and the beans are fresh... [LINK] - KarenNoCA - 12:27am on 11/20/08
- Thanks Karen - they were out of quite a few. Stocked up on the black - they are so small and great - CactusSue - 2:06pm on 11/20/08
- Steve's runner cannelini beans are about the best I have ever cooked! - MarkinHouston - 4:04am on 11/20/08
- I love those too! And, the marrow and yellow eye are really different. Love the beans! [NT] - CactusSue - 2:02pm on 11/20/08