Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Meryl, I have always simply added 1 Tablespoon of light molasses since I always keep a bottle of it
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Posted to Thread #12673 at 9:38 pm on Nov 21, 2008
in the refrigerator. Oops, I guess there is another tweak I forgot to mention. Very sorry!
The 2 tsps called for in the recipe never seemed like enough to bother with, but I WILL take the time to bring my molasses to room temperature and measure out 1 Tablespoon to add to the cheesecake filling! I've never completely left the molasses out so I don't know if the taste difference would be noticeable or not--I have just always included 1 Tbsp of light molasses because I always keep some on hand.
There are so many other ingredients in that cake, though, and with the orginal called for being such a small amount in comparison, i.e., 2 tsps, I can't imagine it would be that noticeable or critical to simply omit the molasses all together.
Other messages in this thread:
- I haven't made this, but it looks incredible! [NT] - Meryl - 6:16pm on 11/18/08
- Put's me in a cheesecake mood! [NT] - suz - 6:25pm on 11/18/08
- Wow - that looks fantastic (and sounds it too) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 5:58pm on 11/19/08
- Yes, indeedy, I've made this maybe 7 or 8 times since the recipe was published, but I've tweaked it - wigs - 8:36pm on 11/20/08
- Hi wigs - thanks for your notes. By the way, is the molasses necessary or can it be omitted? [NT] - Meryl - 8:44pm on 11/20/08
- Meryl, I have always simply added 1 Tablespoon of light molasses since I always keep a bottle of it - wigs - 9:38pm on 11/21/08
- Okay, thanks, wigs. I just couldn't see buying a whole bottle of molasses for one recipe! [NT] - Meryl - 11:34pm on 11/21/08
- Thank you so much for taking the time to post your notes. [NT] - suz - 9:06pm on 11/20/08