Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Carianna in WA||
ISO: Fall- flavored blended soup
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #12709 at 6:34 pm on Nov 22, 2008
Every year I serve a soup starter at Thanksgiving. I serve it right when everyone gets here: in a teacup with no spoons. We sit around the living room and sip our soup and talk. It's a really nice tradition.
I've made the Butternut Soup with Cider Cream (from BA) several times, and it's really good, but I'd like to serve something different this year. (i.e. not squash) Does anyone have a blended soup with great fall flavors they could share? I don't want "chunks" in the soup because I want to stick with our "no spoon" tradition. Maybe a really good cream of mushroom? But anything that says "FALL" would be great.
"There's treasure everywhere!"
-Calvin, from Calvin & Hobbes
Other messages in this thread:
- 12709. ISO: Fall- flavored blended soup - Carianna in WA - 6:34pm on 11/22/08 (17)
- Here are three you might take a look at Carianna... - Dawn_MO - 7:09pm on 11/22/08
- Hungarian Mushroom Soup (put thru blender). Check Recipezaar, and Allrecipes - Elenor - 7:33pm on 11/22/08
- This is delicious. Carrot-Ginger Soup with Chili-Peanut Pesto. It serves 8 [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 7:40pm on 11/22/08
- Saffron Vichyssoise - MarkinHouston - 8:14pm on 11/22/08
- This is fantastic: Yellow Pepper Soup [LINK] - Meryl - 8:34pm on 11/22/08
- I'm very surprised the recipe does not call for charring the peppers and then peeling off the skin. [NT] - KarenNoCA - 12:30am on 11/23/08
- It's not necessary. [NT] - Meryl - 1:06am on 11/23/08
- I suppose the pureeing takes care of the skins pretty well. I might still char the peppers for... - Michael in Phoenix - 3:20pm on 11/23/08
- You're right on about the pureeing, Michael. This soup is so flavorful, it really doesn't need the - Meryl - 7:36pm on 11/23/08
- Another good one: Carrot Soup with Spinach Chiffonade [LINK] - Meryl - 8:36pm on 11/22/08
- Some of my fall favorites: Parsnip and Apple Soup [LINK] - Shaun in TO - 8:53pm on 11/22/08
- Tuscan Creamless Creamy Squash Soup [NT] [LINK] - Shaun in TO - 8:54pm on 11/22/08
- Mitzi's Autumn Pear and Parsnip Soup - Shaun in TO - 9:01pm on 11/22/08
- cream of asparagus - Silver Palate. can be served cold - emtd - 9:14pm on 11/22/08
- I just found this one, it's vegan but looks amazing: REC: Delicata Squash Bisque [LINK] - Heather_in_SF - 10:01pm on 11/22/08
- These all look great. Now I have too many to choose from! Thanks, all. [NT] - Carianna in WA - 9:02pm on 11/23/08
- Julie's Southwestern Pumpkin soup is creamy and beautifully spiced. [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 6:06pm on 11/24/08