Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
This is fantastic: Yellow Pepper Soup
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #12709 at 8:34 pm on Nov 22, 2008
YELLOW PEPPER SOUP
1 onion, chopped (I used 1 large)
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped (I used 9 large cloves, crushed)
2 teaspoons olive oil (I used 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil)
1 1/2 lbs yellow peppers (I used 1 large yellow pepper and 1 large red pepper)
3/4 lb potatoes, cut into chunks (I used 1 medium potato, about 10 oz)
3 cups unsalted chicken stock (I used 3 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth)
1 tablespoon salt (less if using salted chicken broth) (I used less, of course)
1 chipotle pepper (canned) (I used a 4 oz can of mild green chilies and several shakes of some Cajun hot pepper sauce)
parmesan cheese (for garnish) (I used Parmigiano Reggiano)
extra virgin olive oil (for garnish)
1. Cook (sweat) onion, celery, carrot and garlic in olive oil until soft (about 10 minutes).
2. Bring stock to a boil.
3. Add peppers, potatoes, salt, chipotle and boiling stock.
4. Simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
5. Puree in food processor or use an emersion blender.
6. Serve in bowls with a sprinkle of parmesan and EV olive oil.
(originally posted by Mean Chef)
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 12709. ISO: Fall- flavored blended soup - Carianna in WA - 6:34pm on 11/22/08 (17)
- Here are three you might take a look at Carianna... - Dawn_MO - 7:09pm on 11/22/08
- Hungarian Mushroom Soup (put thru blender). Check Recipezaar, and Allrecipes - Elenor - 7:33pm on 11/22/08
- This is delicious. Carrot-Ginger Soup with Chili-Peanut Pesto. It serves 8 [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 7:40pm on 11/22/08
- Saffron Vichyssoise - MarkinHouston - 8:14pm on 11/22/08
- This is fantastic: Yellow Pepper Soup [LINK] - Meryl - 8:34pm on 11/22/08
- I'm very surprised the recipe does not call for charring the peppers and then peeling off the skin. [NT] - KarenNoCA - 12:30am on 11/23/08
- It's not necessary. [NT] - Meryl - 1:06am on 11/23/08
- I suppose the pureeing takes care of the skins pretty well. I might still char the peppers for... - Michael in Phoenix - 3:20pm on 11/23/08
- You're right on about the pureeing, Michael. This soup is so flavorful, it really doesn't need the - Meryl - 7:36pm on 11/23/08
- Another good one: Carrot Soup with Spinach Chiffonade [LINK] - Meryl - 8:36pm on 11/22/08
- Some of my fall favorites: Parsnip and Apple Soup [LINK] - Shaun in TO - 8:53pm on 11/22/08
- Tuscan Creamless Creamy Squash Soup [NT] [LINK] - Shaun in TO - 8:54pm on 11/22/08
- Mitzi's Autumn Pear and Parsnip Soup - Shaun in TO - 9:01pm on 11/22/08
- cream of asparagus - Silver Palate. can be served cold - emtd - 9:14pm on 11/22/08
- I just found this one, it's vegan but looks amazing: REC: Delicata Squash Bisque [LINK] - Heather_in_SF - 10:01pm on 11/22/08
- These all look great. Now I have too many to choose from! Thanks, all. [NT] - Carianna in WA - 9:02pm on 11/23/08
- Julie's Southwestern Pumpkin soup is creamy and beautifully spiced. [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 6:06pm on 11/24/08